IDLEBACK CHAIR ..any good ?

As it says above, any comments from anyone who has one or used one,?

Mick

with a great danger of sounding like an impicile, but what is an 'IDLEBACK CHAIR'???

Finman

Hi Mick,

I have not used that one, but I have in the past worked out how to hold an AI onto a Manfrotto tripod - some of the issues look like they apply to this kit also.

Look at the blokes elbow sitting in the chair and how far back the rifle is in the U support.

If you are going to be there long enough to rest your bum it would be good to have an elbow rest and have the rifle rested as well in a V____V type mount where both butt and forend are rested with some means of fine vertical and horizontal adjustment

I remmber several shooting tripods having these features like:

http://shop.lonestarfieldproducts.com/

I would be tempted to start with an Outers varmint rest - put it on a big tripod and a fishing chair.

David

Hi Mick,

I have not used that one, but I have in the past worked out how to hold an AI onto a Manfrotto tripod - some of the issues look like they apply to this kit also.

Look at the blokes elbow sitting in the chair and how far back the rifle is in the U support.

If you are going to be there long enough to rest your bum it would be good to have an elbow rest and have the rifle rested as well in a V____V type mount where both butt and forend are rested with some means of fine vertical and horizontal adjustment

I remmber several shooting tripods having these features like:

http://shop.lonestarfieldproducts.com/

I would be tempted to start with an Outers varmint rest - put it on a big tripod and a fishing chair.

David

Hi dave

Yeh agree with it should have some arm rests fitted.

Thanks for info bud.

Mick

there is a review of this on this months sporting rifle magazine...or maybe last months B) canna mind

an older gent using it for ambushing roe and he was artially disbled and raved bout how it transformed his stalking to allow him to stay out longer due to far higher comfort etc.

sauer

Yep thats the one,guess no one has yet used one, oh well.. B):D

It would do the company some good, if they let us know how much this thing cost...I cannot find it anywhere in that bunf! and that usually means that it is not cheap.

Finman

Internet introductory price 275,,rrp 310 i think.

I think I'll stand! or get me a three legged stool and two sticks!

Finman

Archived