bunny bashing kit

ds1

Being somewhat concerned that 338 Lapua was just not cutting the mustard at ranges beyond 103.2 meters I decided an upgrade to around 12,000 joules was in order.........who knows I may be able to do a humane job bashing flopsy out to at least 154.6 meters, on days without wind.

P1040785.jpg

P1040786.jpg

Not so sure though if I will have sufficent expansion from the 750 grain solids, I may need to try some of them projos with a green or red tip.

On a slightly more serious note testing might start on the 18th at around 1800m- I`m waiting for a Desert Tactical onepiece mount -wanting more scope to receiver gap than the AI mount offers plus 20moa - choices are few (the half assed aproach of a picatinny riser plus rings or a set of Barrett Ex rings with selectable moa did not apeal).

David.

Hi Mick,

Tis the AW50,

Flew in with an an AI338 and back out same day with the AW50 - the customs chick at Gatwick had a hard job understanding that one, but then again she was blonde.

David.

He he he bunny's in CZ must need concrete bunkers now !

Shame you didn't have more time David

Hi Mick,

Scope is Nightforce NXS 12-42x56, with R1 reticule. With a 20moa base I should get 40moa of up, plus another 20moa on the reticule. Not a fantastic amount......but to get to 1km will take less than 30moa anyway. If I run out of elevation I can stick a USO on it. The NXS is nice for a 50 as it has nearly 4" of eye relief.

Andy,

I can`t wait to get the lad you sold the 308 Sturgeon to behind the trigger - he wimped out on shooting the 338.

David.

Hi Mick,

Scope is Nightforce NXS 12-42x56, with R1 reticule. With a 20moa base I should get 40moa of up, plus another 20moa on the reticule. Not a fantastic amount......but to get to 1km will take less than 30moa anyway. If I run out of elevation I can stick a USO on it. The NXS is nice for a 50 as it has nearly 4" of eye relief.

Andy,

I can`t wait to get the lad you sold the 308 Sturgeon to behind the trigger - he wimped out on shooting the 338.

David.

Yeh i guess you will need a good eye relief for that,,,seem my fair share of guys with black eyes,,( snipers eye ) as they use say..lol

Archived