Night vision for .22 rimfire

What are people using out there on their .22s? What price, performance, after sales, useability etc etc etc? Have a good day scope on .22 but am toying with the idea of NV. Already have a rail on it so no probs on the mounting.

Any info gratefully received

Regards

Gareth

I have a SMS2S - 6 mag Hyper gen scope which is normally used on my 223 for foxing.

I drop this straight on to my Finfire.

http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/jj347/s...=Picture396.jpg

superb on bunnies.

Alan

I use one of Clives 6x Hypergen scopes on my CZ HM2. Cracking scope

Mark

Hi might have a D480 x6 power dedicated for sale with a pinnical tube big bucks if you want the best

pm me for a shock

It won't be a shock as you get what you pay for if you know what you are looking for, your D480 would be around £3800 to £4200 and would be one of only a few in the UK and virtually impossible to get hold of now, i would say its one of the best dedicated NV out there under £8,000 if i had the money i would bite your hand off for a bit of kit like this.

Hi might have a D480 x6 power dedicated for sale with a pinnical tube big bucks if you want the best

pm me for a shock

Hi Glen.

Just looked up your D480 on web,its exactly the same one i have,but mine has a select aplha gen 3 tube in,and is called a D-760,also have x2 D-740s .but have to agree what a cracking scope,unlike a lot where they are heavy and made of metals,this scope is a tough plastic.and very light.esp when fitted to a rifle.Im sure who ever does buy this will deffo be a happy chap.

Glen,it might be better if you post a few pics mate.thats if you do decide to sell.

Mick

there is a d480 for sale on the airgunbbs @ good money.

way past my torch and a red filter budget by some way.

bob.

dream on.

That is the same one trigger 2 has on here, Glen i would think you have a MX-11769 tube fitted in your unit which is the same tube thats in the PVS 14 .

I have two d480 but only with silver bullet gen 3 tubes, still very good but not a pinnacle tube.

The link that was put up on the bbs is the old d480 and these are the new up graded units with the support band around the front lens, these are very hard to come by

Here is some photos of my units

t_optimized_dsc00925_edited_114.jpg

t_optimized_dsc00923_edited_198.jpg

t_optimized_dsc00924_edited_212.jpg

Guest Scotland Rifles

oh how i would love to have a good NV scope,

We have a load of lamp shy foxes here that we just cant get close to,(better still i wish i had the cash to have even a gen 2+ to sit on top of the 20tac)

those look the dogs kahunas lads,

still just a distant dream.

i have had gen 1 before and what a load of pooh that was, never mind, what you can't afford you just can't have.

bob.

PS:what range will you get with a good illuminator with gen 2+ and just how much further will it go with G3,

Hi Mate the best result i have Taken with my D480 at night with half clowd no moon a few stars .

the fox sat and waited so pinged first plenty of time ish, and then pinged again dead was 292yds again to make sure so the kit is fab,also with laser on

as nfor when moon is out this awsome.to say the least

Guest Scotland Rifles
Hi Mate the best result i have Taken with my D480 at night with half clowd no moon a few stars .

the fox sat and waited so pinged first plenty of time ish, and then pinged again dead was 292yds again to make sure so the kit is fab,also with laser on

as nfor when moon is out this awsome.to say the least

flipin nora.

well i would be happy with 200 yards on the 20tac,

right anyone need a un abused Kidney, free of stone and alike. non smoker and non drinker, (i have to spherical objects that are not used anymore :) any good to anyone,.

bob.

oh how i would love to have a good NV scope,

We have a load of lamp shy foxes here that we just cant get close to,(better still i wish i had the cash to have even a gen 2+ to sit on top of the 20tac)

those look the dogs kahunas lads,

still just a distant dream.

i have had gen 1 before and what a load of pooh that was, never mind, what you can't afford you just can't have.

bob.

PS:what range will you get with a good illuminator with gen 2+ and just how much further will it go with G3,

Bob its not so much about more distance but quality of image, i can spot a fox at a 1000 yards on a good night and identify a rabbit from a hare at 500 yards, some nights my mates dep gen II unit will out perform my gen III as it can be down to atmospherics and some Image Intensifiers tubes cope better than others.

With gen 11 its all about what tube is fitted as there is some gen 11 units out there that aren't worth the money, the new units like the ones sold by Clive Ward at nvscope.com are good with a after sales service which does help.

The big problem is people that think they know all about NV and end up costing you a fortune which i am sorry to say happens a lot on the bbs forum

Guest Scotland Rifles
Bob its not so much about more distance but quality of image, i can spot a fox at a 1000 yards on a good night and identify a rabbit from a hare at 500 yards, some nights my mates dep gen II unit will out perform my gen III as it can be down to atmospherics and some Image Intensifiers tubes cope better than others.

With gen 11 its all about what tube is fitted as there is some gen 11 units out there that aren't worth the money, the new units like the ones sold by Clive Ward at nvscope.com are good with a after sales service which does help.

The big problem is people that think they know all about NV and end up costing you a fortune which i am sorry to say happens a lot on the bbs forum

I know what you mean.

I went there a long time ago and got so badly stung it still hurts :). but i will at some point get what i need for the rifle and have some great time in total darkness if you know what i mean.

thank you for the heads up by the way

bob.

That is the same one trigger 2 has on here, Glen i would think you have a MX-11769 tube fitted in your unit which is the same tube thats in the PVS 14 .

I have two d480 but only with silver bullet gen 3 tubes, still very good but not a pinnacle tube.

The link that was put up on the bbs is the old d480 and these are the new up graded units with the support band around the front lens, these are very hard to come by

Here is some photos of my units

t_optimized_dsc00925_edited_114.jpg

t_optimized_dsc00923_edited_198.jpg

t_optimized_dsc00924_edited_212.jpg

Yep same as the one i have,x6,,also have 2 of the x4 models,with select alpha tubes,furthest fox i shot was around the 280 yds,without IR.

but can see and detect further.esp when used with IR.with mine,i use diff IR which i can take off .IR laser shines out to about 600 yds.

Mick

Guest Scotland Rifles
There is one person on the bbs site who is not a NV dealer and knows his stuff and thats flex297 from Germany he is on the http://www.nightvisionforums.com/index.php as a site admin as flex, great bloke who will give you all the info you need on any image intensifier tube.

thank you for that.

i will be a wee time getting one as i have just got the 20 tac,(empty wallet now) but when the time comes :)

bob.

Archived