Sinclair ARBOR press,

Barrelsniffer

Micky,

I have been using one for the past while. As far as accuracy & consistency goes you wont beet them. All you will need is the press and a neck & seater die. You will still need a normal press to body bump every second firing though. They have to be the most easiest dies to use. The neck die all you do is pop in the correct bushing and thats it. The seater you just set up to your seating depth and thats it. They never move or vary from your original settings.

Ads

Micky,

I have been using one for the past while. As far as accuracy & consistency goes you wont beet them. All you will need is the press and a neck & seater die. You will still need a normal press to body bump every second firing though. They have to be the most easiest dies to use. The neck die all you do is pop in the correct bushing and thats it. The seater you just set up to your seating depth and thats it. They never move or vary from your original settings.

Ads

Cheers ADS just ordered the full kit for 223,plus a stack of other stuff.

Mick

I use them for all my cals. as well, and apart from the obvious requirements, press, dies, bump dies , anvils, a bushing or two below the size you originally require to achieve the desired neck tension are handy to accomodate the amount your brass will spring back as it ages.

Hope this makes sense.

Pete.

Yep cheers guys,now on order so will play when home in JAN now... :D:(:(

Hi Micky,

Did you order direct from Sincair or UK ?? And if you dont mind me asking what price did you pay ??

Sorry for so many questions, but it's a route I have thought about for a while now.

Cheers Steve

Hi Micky,

Did you order direct from Sincair or UK ?? And if you dont mind me asking what price did you pay ??

Sorry for so many questions, but it's a route I have thought about for a while now.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve

Not a clue mate,as i also ordered other bits and bobs,came to 600 dollars/350 pounds.

But ive been in touch with sinclair via email,if you send them a email, they will tell you how to order it all in a kit package,which i didnt know before i ordered,which is a bit cheaper than buying it all seperate.

They said they would knock some of the final price for me,which is good of them.

Here is the email for contact ive been on touch with.

persons name is Cordially,

email is Support@sinclairintl.com

let me know if you go for it.

Mick

Micky

You wont regret it mate so much easier, you can set up and reload any where. I put off buying one for a while until I had a play with Vermincinerator's after that I wont go back to using a full blown press for anything other than knocking the shoulder back on cases as they get bigger. The only thing you might find you need to do is get the inside of the wilson dies polished as they are cut to the smallest saami tolerances, you can send them back to wilson with a couple of your fired cases and they will sort it out for you, otherwise I am sure the talented smiths on this site will help you out. Enjoy you wont go back.

Micky

You wont regret it mate so much easier, you can set up and reload any where. I put off buying one for a while until I had a play with Vermincinerator's after that I wont go back to using a full blown press for anything other than knocking the shoulder back on cases as they get bigger. The only thing you might find you need to do is get the inside of the wilson dies polished as they are cut to the smallest saami tolerances, you can send them back to wilson with a couple of your fired cases and they will sort it out for you, otherwise I am sure the talented smiths on this site will help you out. Enjoy you wont go back.

Yeh spoke to ian a few times on here ref the press,all ordered now,and should be waiting for when im next home in jan.just have find someone to do that polish for me ?

Cheers

Mick

Hi, I also have gone down the arbor press/hand die route although I am waiting for my dies to get back from Wilson before I can start loading.Cant wait, got 100 new Lapua cases in 222 that I hope to get lots of accurate reloads out of :) Hopefully they will arrive in the next week or so so that I can knock up some rounds for this winters foxing.

ATB Toby

Archived