.22-250 Load

Mossy-dog

Hi

Im looking for some pointers for a .22-250 load in a standard Tikka M595

Looking at 55gn v max (or similar). But any others considered.

The powders i have available are reloader 7 and H380 but buying some varget or similar wouldnt be the end of the world (would be nice to use as many of the same stuff as for .222 and .243 for simplicity sake)

I now have quick load/target (given to me by Trigger 2, very generously and has got me interested) and have been playing around with it a bit but was wondering what people use.

I dont want it too hot but still going at a decent rate. Also must be over 50gn because i will use it on occasional legal deer

Hope thats not too much to ask.

Dan

Hi Mossy-D.

I used 39 grains of H380 in my Tikka 22.250 ... very good load and not to hot.

My favourate was 39 grain of H414 - in my 22.250 .. I use this powder currently for my 243 - excellent but a bit dirtier than Vit

http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/jj347/s...=Picture376.jpg

(3 shot group - not 5 as previously stated - thought it looked to good -- it says 3 shots in large writing on the back of the card )

Alan

Hi i have been shooting 22.250 for many years and one of my favoured loads using a 55g v-max is 36.5g of Vhit N150 which gives me a velocity of 3840 fps using Federal 210 match primers through a 26 inch barrel, i would recommend you start at 34 grains and work the load up.

Hope this helps Brian

Hi Mossy Dog,

In a Sako 75 VLS 22-250 that I about 4 years ago, I used 36g of Varget behind 55g V-max moly's, and she loved them :D

I regreted selling that rifle, so a short while ago I bought another 22-250, and am just working up the load at present, but the powder of choice with this one seems to be Vit N140 with 52g Bergers or A Max's.

I forgot to look before posting this, but if your anywhere near me your more than welcome to try both powders and any of bullet heads I have, your probably miles away, but if your passing anytime give me shout.

Cheers Steve

• 4 months later...

im using norma brass,

fed 210 primers,

50 grain vmax

and 35.5 grains of varget.

not the fastest but its still traveling abit :D and good accuracy to.

just about to swap over to 50 grain blizkings. dont no if there be any different but will let you no :angry:

• 2 months later...
hi

34.5 grns varget norma brass remmy primer 55 vmax 3535 fps sweet sweet load in a remmy vssf 26" tube

or 36.5 grns varget norma brass fed 210 prim 55 v max 3800 ish fps good but not as good as first load

remember to work up

all the best bruxie

i used a 50 grain berger .rem bras /batched by weight /fedral gold medal primer /42 grains of h380 out of a 20 inch barrel tikka t3 no pressure signs/flat fast and furious /vapour trail/

Archived