CABELA's

Orka Akinse

Hey Fella's

I tried to order some reloading stuff from Cabela's and they said it was all illegal to export from the USA things like:

Hornady OAL Guage

Cases for the same in my calibres

Hornady Cam-Lock bullet puller and collets

Hornady Comparator and inserts

Sierra bullets

Delivery to my mates hotel as he is going over on business [he is a hunter and has all the legal bits o' paper etc]

Whats going on?? They reckon its against the Law

How do I get my heads now?

I am finding 6.5 140g Sierra Very Very hard to get.

Can anyone help or explain whats going on please?

Thanks fella's

I think they're stopping sendin anything remotely related to shotguns and firearms, to stop any hassle from customs, lets face it in this day an age anything with "bullet" written on it going through customs is goin to get checked, it'll be perfecly legal to send that stuff over i would of thought, but why would a big firm like cabelas cause themselves hassle for the minority of stuff that goes abroad! i tried getting a set of choke tubes for my winchester 101 and that wasnt allowed, that must have been 5 or 6 years ago now!

This has been going on for a while, I tried to order some dies about a year ago for my 6.5x55 when I had it from cabelas, they would do it. It is getting nasty trying to get bits in at the moment. Just trying to sort out a few things myself.

The US state department has export restrictions on firearms related goods. Primarily it deals with firearms, optics, and bullets/ammo, but the wording is sufficiently broad and the penalties sufficiently stiff that a lot of companies won't bother going anywhere close to it. Bullets are a big no no for export without an export license. A few of the smaller custom manufacturers can't get theirs out of the US because they can't justsify the cost of the license.

Considering all of the items you've listed directly relate to the manufacture of ammunition, I'd hazard a guess that they aren't going near it.

Thanks,

Rick

Archived