Just back in.

Guest northernchris

Guest northernchris

Just got back in from taking Col48 out for a munty,after a 30min stroll we spotted one making its way up along one of the many munty "A roads" on my ground.With a blustery wind from our left Col set up on his sticks and took aim at the buck which by now was stood @ 120 yrds.Bang..................Thump the buck drops to a good clean neck shot from the .270wsm.

18082007123.jpg

After cleaning the buck we had a spy around the rest of the rape stubble,we spotted 2 hares both next to each other @ 480 yrds i dialed the NXS with 10 MOA of elevation,dropped the bolt and took aim and fired,Col spotted the shot which missed and fell only 1" to the right of the hare...After the shot they both headed down the field towards us they stopped @ 300 yards Col didn't have his bipod on the .270 so he went to take the shot off his sticks!!! Boom...................Plop SH*T the bed it rolls over cracking shot from the old get ;):lol::lol: not to be out done i drop to the floor dial 5 MOA Bang....Splat the other one bites the dust. :lol:

All in all a good morning and long range shooting.

Chris

Just got back in from taking Col48 out for a munty,after a 30min stroll we spotted one making its way up along one of the many munty "A roads" on my ground.With a blustery wind from our left Col set up on his sticks and took aim at the buck which by now was stood @ 120 yrds.Bang..................Thump the buck drops to a good clean neck shot from the .270wsm.

18082007123.jpg

After cleaning the buck we had a spy around the rest of the rape stubble,we spotted 2 hares both next to each other @ 480 yrds i dialed the NXS with 10 MOA of elevation,dropped the bolt and took aim and fired,Col spotted the shot which missed and fell only 1" to the right of the hare...After the shot they both headed down the field towards us they stopped @ 300 yards Col didn't have his bipod on the .270 so he went to take the shot off his sticks!!! Boom...................Plop SH*T the bed it rolls over cracking shot from the old get :P;):angry: not to be out done i drop to the floor dial 5 MOA Bang....Splat the other one bites the dust. :angry:

All in all a good morning and long range shooting.

Chris

hi

i would just like to say thanks to Chris for a really enjoyable day out, and here is a couple more picks

Picture047.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture044.jpg

when i got back home i went round to one of my m8s and i was showing him how to skin/ prepare the beast for the freezer, but i mad a classic beginner's mistake and cut the end of my finger nearly clean off.

but being hard has nails down here in notts, :D:D i just had a 2 hour wait in ilkeston hospital, ;);) and a course of antibiotics, tetanus injection, i don't know what was worst chopping my finger off or the rest of the stuff the nurse did after.

Picture.jpg

ATB

Colin :P

Nice going Col was the shot off the sticks through pure skill and knowledge :angry: or was it a lucky shot ;)

hi foxshot

typed in distance to watch :angry: , dialed in scope 3 MOA ;) and pulled trigger.

shot a fox at same distance of same sticks last time i was up Scotland, but did not dialed in drop,i just held over.

2 4 2 at 300 off sticks :D

so yes it was a lucky shot ;):P:P

ATB

Colin

Nice to see you out and having a good time - well done, it looks a nice anmimal.

I never skin a muntjac until its hung 8-10 in the cooler and find no problem skinning it with a long probe on the airline

May get the wind up occasionally Col but dont cut myself.

M

F.F.S Col was it a blunt knife that did it???

hi Chris

no - it was as sharp as they come, in fact it was that sharp it chopped straight through my finger, :P:D:D

and i was not even trying :angry::angry:;)

i actual thought don't cut like that you blancmange, then i was wiping blood from off my glasses,and it was all up my - door. ;);):P

ATB

Colin :D

Nice to see you out and having a good time - well done, it looks a nice anmimal.

I never skin a muntjac until its hung 8-10 in the cooler and find no problem skinning it with a long probe on the airline

May get the wind up occasionally Col but dont cut myself.

M

hi mry

the best bit was i had just finished telling him how easy they where to do, :P:P

any way when i had got back from the ilson hospital he had finished the beast and he still had all his fingers. :angry::angry:;)

eny one got a chain mail glove for sale ;);)

ATB

Colin

Hello colin & many thank's again for my prize it's here & tested & killed.Nice munty cant wait to get my first go at them & i see the fingure you will soon learn to keep them out the road after few time's.I could get you plenty practice on an estate i know who cull 500/600 hind's a year.A season of that & you will stop cutting fingure's.Well done on your stalk nice to see people sharing there ground.

Guest 308Panther

Col48

Thankfully you get to keep your digits....

A friend of mine was not as lucky...he lost 3 finger tips.

Index,middle and ring fingers on the right hand.

Now all fingers on the right hand are as long as his little finger.

He reached into the chute of a plugged up snow blower while it was still running.

308Panther

Col48

Thankfully you get to keep your digits....

A friend of mine was not as lucky...he lost 3 finger tips.

Index,middle and ring fingers on the right hand.

Now all fingers on the right hand are as long as his little finger.

He reached into the chute of a plugged up snow blower while it was still running.

308Panther

howwwwwwch

i can remember actual thinking don't do that you blancmange, you will cut, and i was of to hospital.

its not that bad, especially if you take your m8s in to consideration.

them muntis are a bit tough to skin, but worth it when you get to the good stuff in side.

one things for sure, my - will not be skinning them like that, :angry::angry:

he said he would do it his own way,or not at all ;);)

ATB

Colin ;)

Guest 308Panther

Here is the kicker to my friends stupidity....

He is a Mechanic,and knew better ....or at least he and everybody else thought he knew better.

Just goes to show how conditioned one gets to the job.

I carried that fool into the emergency ward so many times the Nurses really got to know me and

a couple years later He fell out of a tree stand and broke his leg....The nurses were askin where I was,and it sorta bothered him too...as he put it..."I am in need of medical attention and you want my buddies phone number? Ok...I see how it is".

The b+stard didnt give it to her either...LOL....I dont blame him...but she was cute.

308Panther

Guest northernchris

As you say winter is better for lack of cover,we can either stalk on foot or high seat BUT high seat and winter is pretty hard work.Down here i would say mid September as the bucks will be really clean from velvet and coloured up well.Ypou could go for a Doe but the last 5-6 i have glassed were all carrying.I shoot over on another patch were we are doing a cull so maybe come over there landlord permitting but that is high seat only and is in a public wood ;)

Nice looking dog as well.

A

hi Geoff

he is one of the best,if not the best spaniel i have ever seen, he is so calm its untrue, everyone that has seen him comments on how good he is,(for a spaniel)

i had him trained by the age of 6 mounts (basics but good enough to take out in to the filed beating,i was told i would ruin him,taking him out so young)you only have to show him once,and thats it he has got it, he has made a very good companion,one that no matter where i go,he all ways makes me look good. his brother is a filed trial champ,and i brought him from the england captain,

ATB

Colin ;)

Archived