After Sika again

Just fitted a new scope rail to my old Sako which will make scope swapping between

rifles easier. Stock revamped before the season with better grip and new butt pad.

Shaved off some weight at the same time.

So this morning first outing with the rig, we hunted some forest edges at first light.

I came across a stag looking at me from about 80yds, took him free hand. Of course the

drag was uphill. As we wanted to load the sika into the car we spotted a Hind sitting in the high grass

about 200yds out, she then slowly moved towards the forest pulling her butt through the grass. We

quickly put her out of her misery. She was a skinny young hind with two completely stiff hind legs,

hugely swollen yellow joints.

The stag was no beauty either with 4 points on one side and a spike on the other, but a heavy lump.

edi

DSCN2536.jpg

He may not be the best looker but they all count. I have lots of fox and rabbit where I am on the Romney Marsh but no deer :rolleyes::wub::P

Cheers

Neil

Where I live we have no deer either also only fox, rabbit and birds, we need to travel at least an hour before we get into deer.

Thankfully I have plenty shooting this year. :D

edi

Nice one edi!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::wub:

The stag should make good eating , good on ya for putting the hind out of her misery too!!!

How has the shooting been going buddy???

All the best..................

RAY.......................................

Nice one edi!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;)

The stag should make good eating , good on ya for putting the hind out of her misery too!!!

How has the shooting been going buddy???

All the best..................

RAY.......................................

Ray, shooting is good, quite a few foxes also.

Our season for deer only started in September.

My good friend bought the 22-250 howa from me and started a bit of stalking.

He shot his first deer, 52gr bullet through the shoulder just dropped the sika spike

on the spot. He was chuffed. Although it's his first rifle he shoots it very well.

DSCN2483.jpg

I managed a six pointer a week later with my 243, fat beast.

Photo-0005.jpg

A spike another week later with the 308. Sorry bout the pic and thumb, it was pissing rain.

Photo-0009.jpg

I think the rut is setting in quite strong, might avoid big stags now, they are just bruised up.

edi

Hi Edi ,

Thanks for the update and some nice photos too!!! ;)

Ya buddy looks chuffed too , he shall enjoy eating that with some wine / beer / whiskey to wash it down!! :D;)

All the best...................

RAY.......................................................

Archived