6mm ppc bolt face

lambsey

Why bother? You said in another post that you want to use a Sako action, so keep your eyes open for a Sako which was built as a 22PPC or 6PPC. They are out there- I have an A1 and a 75 in 22PPC.

You're going to struggle to get PPC cartridges to feed reliably from a magazine intended to handle bigger cartridges.

Why bother? You said in another post that you want to use a Sako action, so keep your eyes open for a Sako which was built as a 22PPC or 6PPC. They are out there- I have an A1 and a 75 in 22PPC.

You're going to struggle to get PPC cartridges to feed reliably from a magazine intended to handle bigger cartridges.

The only trouble with this advice is that you could still be waiting in 2020 to find a secondhand Sako in PPC - they are as commonly found as rocking horse doo-doo - for the very good reason that owners are unlikely to ever part with an example of the very few made and the even fewer imported here.

Remember too, Sako rifles are not 6PPCs as you probably think of them - they use the domesticated factory version of the cartridge - the 6PPC-USA with thick necks and larger chambers. They're still damn accurate, but not in the same league as a custom gun that uses what is in effect a heavily prepped wildcat that starts as Lapua .220 Russian brass, has a very tight-neck chamber etc.

If you're looking for an accurate small case six, what's wrong with the 6BR that has the standard 0.473" case-head + bolt-face, so can utilise any number of good actions from .243, .308, .22-250 etc rifles?

Laurie

The only trouble with this advice is that you could still be waiting in 2020 to find a secondhand Sako in PPC - they are as commonly found as rocking horse doo-doo - for the very good reason that owners are unlikely to ever part with an example of the very few made and the even fewer imported here.

Laurie

Well, depends how hard you look- I bought both mine within a couple of months of each other. I may think about selling one.....

Archived