Does your partner shoot?

gareth

Just been thinking about this for some reason. Do any of you have partners that shoot or actively take an interest in what you do? On the other hand is it something they're not interested in or don't agree with. Speaking from personal experience, I gave up everything shooting wise for my now ex partner because she wasn't into it and I thought I was doing the right thing at the time, how wrong I was! I think I've now found someone who enjoys shooting and countrylife in general and am very happy. Apologies if this is a bit of a heavy subject. I guess the moral of this story is don't change who you are for someone else.

ATB Gareth

Hi Gareth I dont think it is particually importaint if your partner enjoys your hoby or not. My hubby is in to motorsport but takes an interest in my shooting as I do in his motorsport. It is good to have different interests gives you something to talk about! Only problem starts when people assume that he is the shooter :)

Mrs Sprags doesn't like shooting, has no interest in anything to do with shooting. It's not that she disagree's with it, it just don't float her boat!

Both my children come shooting with me fron time to time, they are 14 & 12 and both shoot the .17 & .22, the lad (14) also enjoys whacking rabbits with the .243 :)

Lindsey has shot for years with me,starting with an air rifle shooting tin cans and working her way up to become a very good shot on all quarry and paper.Her main is deer stalking but has now sadly taken a break due to having two young kids.At least if i ever want to spend money on shooting gear it is no problem as she understands why i want it,it did get expensive buying two of everything though(when she got a taste for custom rifles too i needed a second mortgage lol)

My o/h has tried shooting. She went from no experience with a rifle to hitting her mark at 450 plus yards within the first five shots. Witin 10 shots she was onto the .50 cal... Trouble is she now wants to have a go with mortars as that is the 'logical' next step! :)

Regards

G

My o/h has tried shooting. She went from no experience with a rifle to hitting her mark at 450 plus yards within the first five shots. Witin 10 shots she was onto the .50 cal... Trouble is she now wants to have a go with mortars as that is the 'logical' next step! :lol:

Regards

G

:) I had a friend who ran corporate days and he had a mortar that fired oranges, which was excelent fun, used to have an old van as a target and the highlight of the day was blowing up the van ;) Strangley he claims it was always the women who fought to do it :)

Is you a battyboy then Spud ? :lol:

Well spotted dave you were the first one to pick up on my little joke

na mate im a screamin homo NOT

My Mrs doesn't although she knows all about cartridges, neck turning and reloading :lol:

Guest varmartin

Fyeeew....there was me thinking you were a sausage jocky..LOL

Spotted your joke mate...,,,, battyboy!

My kids are daft for it girl 6yrs old & boy 3yrs old & my partner has shot a few bucks with me & on monday night she had 10 rabbits for 13 shots & 7-8 of them were head shot & i got a fox.

Picture2565.jpg

Picture2629.jpg

My partner is very good at seeing roe out in fields etc & has a broadish knowledge of all types of shooting & dogs etc.

I'll be honest, I spotted your reply straight away but was very unsure how to respond :lol:

So you are not a 'batty boy' like me and baldie then? :)

When we go to the release pens we give give my missus a rimmy or shotgun and she scuttles off round the outside checking snares and takes particular delight in blatting anything unfortunate enough to be trapped in them.

Another of her favourite pastimes is sitting near feeders sniping rats and squirrels with rimfire or air rifle.

I used to enjoy lamping for her to shoot rabbits when we used to have them in large numbers, she's shot thousands of the buggers.

Pete.

My other half would probably prefer I didn't shoot if she was honest about it. She's a veggie and never looks impressed when I come home covered in blood after carrying a Deer to the truck. She does handle it well though bless her, and never gives me grief about my hobby. She knows I eat meat and knows where it comes from. She can't relate to why I'd want to go out and kill things, but accepts that it's no worse than buying it from the butcher.

Funnily enough I was trying to tell a guy on a forum what load I used for my 6.5 some time ago and couldn't remember the powder weight. "It's 45 grains" she said, as I was rummaging for my notes! Wow, I'm half way to converting her....NOT!

I took her to the gun club once and she fired the 6.5x55 on an open day. Right through the centre of a patch, first ever shot with a rifle. Needless to say she stays home now, I'm not having that! ;)

Archived