Primer pocket cleaner

1967spud

Having just sat here for the last half an hour cleaning primer pockets with a RCBS Brush type one. I have found that all the wire's have bent over rendering it next to bloody useless. Can anybody reccommend a decent cleaner please. I would prefer a manuel one. Thanks

Guest varmartin

I use an RCBS type `Trim Mate Primer Pocket Uniformer`, it cuts to a uniform depth first time and then just cleans every other time after that ... :lol:

HERE....just screw it into there green handle ....

i have been using the k&m and to be honest its just as good as the rcbs wire brush

i havent given up on the ultrasonic cleaner , to be honest i forgot to clean that way when i sized a load of brass dinner time i just chuccked in to me tumbler

Have been using the K&M uniformer for years , been very pleased with them!!!

All the best...........

RAY...............................

There's this as a primer pocket cleaner

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=467111

Or one of these to 'uniform' the pocket

https://www.kmshooting.com/catalog/primer-p...ction-tool.html

I tend to think the K&M is a bit much every time and maybe it will wear the pocket. As you say teh RCBSush system is less than good.

My 20BR came with a tool that on one end is a primer pocket scraper similar to the Midway one and on the other end an internal neck chamfer tool. Each case after tumbling gets a twirl with both ends.

A

I do mine on with a RCBS wire brush on the RCBS case prep station, can't say I have ever had a problem. Before that I used the primer pocket uniformer which also worked well.

From what I read on several US websites it would seem that quite a lot of people don't even bother cleaning the pockets without any accuracy loss. Personally for the time it takes I will continue to clean mine.

Archived