two for 2!

shrek

phone rang last nite at 10.30,

My boss,

"theres a fox sitting looking at me in the calving field, its been there for 5 minutes and hasnt moved"

I'll be there in a minute, i am fortunate that my "commute" to work it less than 2 minutes away!

anyway, grabbed the 6BR out of the cabinet, could i find any bullets, could i hell!!

Thankfully i had a cheeky pair tucked into one of the red federal blet clip things with a batch of empties that were the result of my last play session, so i headed off with the 2 bullets.

Typically when i got there the fox had moved off and was in the process of jumping over a wall right at the top of the field. I took chase and ran round the silage pit up the hill and hoped to catch up with the fox, no sign!!

5 minutes squeeking........... nothing!

i jumped the wall and walked up it slowly as the light was dissapearin quick, i got no further than 30 yard up and theres a fox moochin round a feed trailer about 200 yards to my left, dropping to the floor i sat agains the wall and braught the rifle up, and a quick sqeek to stop him would be sufficient

WELL.....

Lets just say if i hadnt shot it running it would have tried to eat me, 15 yards of the muzzle and he looked mighty large in the scope!

That was that, jobs a good'un! and i walked up to the feeder to look into the dip, light was as well as gone now, i got up to the feeders and waited, (more interested to see who was chopping silage as i could hear the chopper whiring down the road), just as i turned to leave another fox bolted across me and stood in a dip, no time for this shot i thought, as i dropped to a crouch, rifle up raised the dot onto its shoulder and squeese!

Another fox sent to the lambing field in the sky, bang on 100 yards, not bad for a freehand crouchin sot i thought!

First foxes iv shot in over 2 months, and 2 out of 2 seems like a good ratio!

Shrek

well done there shrek sounds like a really foxy peice of ground you have there

2 for 2 thats 100% hit rate ;)

Archived