Boron coated bullets

ds1

Does anyone know whaere to get HBN (hexagonal boron nitride)....not sure how many microns in the UK or Europe, please?

Use for coating bullets. I'm thinking to try it on 50 cal solids and possibly 308.

Link about what I'm after:

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2008/...t-lube-sources/

Thanks,

David.

ds1,

You could enquire of a chemical supply company such as Merck. There are plenty of such companies in Europe, just do a Google search. They are likely to be able to source it for you. However, it may be expensive.

It looks as though you will need the 0.5 micron stuff, according to the accurateshooting article.

If you are unable to find a suitable supplier where you are, PM me and I will ask a mate who runs a laboratory and chemical supplies business locally.

Peter

Thanks for the replies,

Peter I will try to source a supply here but if I can not find one I will drop you a PM.

Ian, as you have used boron.....is it all it is cracked up to be? Are you using it to coat your bullets?

David.

Ian, as you have used boron.....is it all it is cracked up to be? Are you using it to coat your bullets?

David.

Hi Dave,

I have coated a box of 257cal 100grn SMKs using 1.5grns of HBN and the steel shot impact coating method but i have not got around to shooting them yet.

I am leaving that until my next trip to the range in August so i can test under much more favouable conditions.

Ian.

Archived