Swarovski bins?

It would appear that I have the chance of getting my mitts on a pair of Swarovski binoculars at what can only be called a favorable price.

What I would like to know, is the EL range worth twice the price of the SLC range? these would be used for stalking and weight isn't an issue. I would like to say money isn't an issue but it is, but at the price I expect to pay, as a one off I would seriously consider the EL's if the difference in money can be compared alongside the SLC's.

At the moment I'm considering the 8.5x42 EL's.

Please no recommendations for Zeiss or similar, it's Swarovski or nothing.

I have owned both 10x42 SLC's and 10x42 EL's.

They are both fine binos the slc's are as good optically as the el's but, the construction is totally different.

The slc's are heavy in comparison and difficult to use one handed. The el's are so much better in the hand and the magnesium alloy construction means they are nice and light. I think the focus on the el's is smoother too.

The 10x42 slc's are about £1150 and the 8.5x42 el's £1399, I would definitley pay the extra for the el's.

At the moment though I would wait as the new EL's should be out soon.

ATB

Moses

Elwood,

I have a pair of 8.5 X 42 EL Swaros and they are brilliant, best glasses I've ever had. As good as my 8x56 Zeiss Dialyts but more compact and better ergonomically. You will not regret the purchase. Mine cost me £10 - the price of 5 raffle tickets!.

Peter

check out e bay for your 8.5x42 EL's.

Ian, I use 10x42 EL's everyday for work and they are truly excellent. If I had to buy again I would probably go for the 8.5x42 EL's just for the extra field of view but not until I had tried the two 32mm objective model EL's. I also have 7x42 SLC's, Zeiss 8x20's and Zeiss 10x40's. You will never regret getting top quality binos, they are a joy to use. Make sure your home contents insurance will cover them (keep the reciept) in case you wreck them or some scrote decides that their need is greater than yours! JC

• 2 months later...

Well I finally managed to get my bins today, I went for the 10x40 EL model.

What can I say absolutely bloody awesome. I have never really been much of a binocular person and have always made do with cheap optics, but I'm totally blown away by these.

I must say I am shocked to hear that you haven't had a pair of european bino's with the quality of the rifles you have.

I picked up a pair of the Leica 8X40 HD's last year and was blown away. My dad has picked up a pair of the same in 12x50. A great pair of bino's is just as important as my scope. If I can't see it I can't shoot it.

All the best

Dave

Few years ago i was looking for a new scope, whilst in the shop out of curiosity i tried a pair of 8.5x42 forgot the scope and went home with the bins, awesome!!!!!!

Recently purchased a pair of ZIESS rf bins for there ranging quality, and a view to selling the EL's......

Cant bring myself to part with them, they bring out the true meaning of the word QUALITY.....

Ps cant fault the Victory's

NELL

Archived