Mobile Phone Warning

Grouse

Just got info about this and thought others might be interested?

Early next week all UK mobiles will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access the numbers. It is easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex-directory.

Friends and family who have UK mobiles could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls.

Children with mobiles could be particularly vulnerable.

Removal is recommended by the BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/work...nch/8091621.stm

To remove your number go here...

http://www.118800.co.uk/removeme/remove-me.html

You need your mobile phone with you to do this, as they text you a code.

The front page of 118800 tries to put you off, but if you go to the site, then the home page, you can follow the instructions there.

Most individuals thought their mobile number was private when signing the contract...

thanks for the heads up, at the moment im getting about 10 malicous calls a day on my mobile so ill be taking your advice

thanks

TC done the same and likewise as yet no reply.

Will have to wait and see.

I tried the website and it came back 30 seconds later - that seems to be the way to go.

Double bastids.

TC

yeah just read this thread and its monday afternoon so thought i might be too late

anyway website says its unavailable and they are not accepting any requests for ex-directory apllications by phone or text whilst system is down!!!

who gives them the right to have YOUR number on file anyway??????

where do they get em from? the mobile phone network providers? should they be allowing your number to go to others without your say so???

tossers

sauer

Archived