M595 semi-custom

Well its landed after a few miss haps which were not fault of baldies,

its a tikka M595 action, piller beded into a mc millian A5 the barrel is a border archer with a 1 in 9 twist with invisable end cap for a mod which is an A-TEC. the trigger got a little work done to and is crisp and breaks at 1 3/4 lbs.

also got a custom bore guide down to...... cheers for that dave...

its hardly laying any copper down and is really east to clean.... thank god

shooting it is a dream and with 58's in bad weather printed just under 3/4 inch with 3 in one hole i'm blaming myself for this one... it was only a load thrown together and i look forward to more testing..

today i headed out with a few 87g v-max with a gap in the weather and forgot to clean the oil from the barrel, and had no fouling rounds either.... :unsure:

41.8 g of n160 at factory oal. with the first being a flyer i'm blameing the oil in the barrel, the other four printed into .261"

centre to centre.... so with a little tweeking in OAL, i'm expecting a little better, with the right weather,

06-07-09_1445.jpg

06-07-09_1447.jpg

06-07-09_1446.jpg

Looking very nice indeed!!! :unsure::)

Shall be looking forward to hear how you get on in the future with her!!!! :D

Enjoy your new rifle and have fun!!!

All the best...........

RAY............

She looks verrrry nice, and going by the group size you will be having loads of fun :unsure:

Do you know what velocity you will be getting with these loads ?

john

i'm not sure of velocity yet mate as i'm just working to get an accurate set of loads done but the weather is playing havoc with my few days off....

also forgot to say the archer was finished at 24.5",

i also have 105's to try but time isn't on my side at the minute sadly......

but i'm pleased as punch with the performance so far...

also forgot to add it's in plain old .243 WIN......

i'll get the crono running when i get load dev. finished...

cheers.

Snap.

Snapshot is a man with excellent patience.

This rebuild was unfortunatly, one of the very rare ones, where things went wrong. The barrel was delivered wrong, after a lengthy wait, and the stock was a good month longer than promised.Also , the proof house decided to hold onto it for 7 weeks, along with half a dozen others. :o i can only apologise again buddy, as you know, it was out of my hands.

The end result was worth the wait though, i think. :lol:

I had a right result with a tikka on saturday, buddy. I dropped on an m55, with 4 x5 round, and 1x3 round magazines, in excellent nick......for the princely sum of £200 !

I,ve been looking for a good one of these, with intact mags for years.

Enjoy the gun.

Dave

there was a guy on BRC (who posted from Scotland) who was wanting to know of a source for spare mags for a M55 - may pay you to part with a 5 rounder if you take a peek at the site.

http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62710

(in the gunsmith secton)

Thats one nice looking rifle there snapshot, I've been thinking of an A5 stock for my tikka for a while, and after seeing that one, I think I've made my mind up :o

Cheers,

Jinks

jinks i can recommend it mate very well built excellent shooting position prone...

go for it...

Snap.

That's a very nice looking rifle, I'm quite jealous! I've got a thing for fluted barrels and that stock looks pretty good too. Your groups sound great. You've got no excuses for missing now have you :wacko:

That's a very nice looking rifle, I'm quite jealous! I've got a thing for fluted barrels and that stock looks pretty good too. Your groups sound great. You've got no excuses for missing now have you :wacko:

i don't know if the 87gr's where a fluke but i'm gonna try a few more whenever i get time.....

cheers

Snap.

Archived