Shooting Sticks.

1967spud

Has anybody got ant reccomendations for making a pair of stalking shooting sticks. So that i can shoot standing up on foot.

Ta.

Pair of green plastic garden canes from your local B and Q or garden centre and bolt them together, cheap as chips and you won't give a toss if you leave them behind.

Pete.

Pair of green plastic garden canes from your local B and Q or garden centre and bolt them together, cheap as chips and you won't give a toss if you leave them behind.

Pete.

thats exactly what i have been trying to find at my local garden centre . but nobody seems to stock them

When you get your canes Mark, don't forget to tape a couple of pieces of foam insulation about 18" from the bottom to stop them clacking together at an inappropriate moment. I kept mine around 6ft long which makes them ideal for standing shots once they're spread out.

Pete.

Guest martin

What's wrong with Hazel sticks Spud.That's what I use mate,and,it doesn't really matter if you leave them in a field.I do however use the inner tube method that has been mentioned............Martin.

Here you go Mark, got mine from B&Q cost me about £3 for the two, they are 6ft long, here is the main bit of bike innertube

106_1727.jpg

and some small bit's of rubber to stop the clicking together

106_1728.jpg

if you get time pop down to your garden centre, you will get them :blush:

B&Q is the place, they do them in two lengths in the gardening stuff.

Have a walk round the fieds that hav elambs in them, look for tails that have dropped off, the rings used for this make good anti clack devices. Thing at present I also have one as the main joint.

A

Here's a variation I recently made.

Grabbed two Remington 6 foot monopods while in the US recently. They were cheap at $10 US (about 6 quid) each.

When I got home, I made up a top that these screw straight into. Used a backflap wood hinge and two offcuts of aluminium epoxied together and tapped some holes. Lined it with high density foam that comes out of hearing aid packaging :blush:

Takes 20 secs max to assemble or dis-assemble. Nice thing is you can have any height you like with these from about 18" up to 6'.

Chris-NZ

Tim Hannan was recently selling the stoney point bipods at half price, I have had one for years and they are really good. I bought another just to put in store ready for the inevitable day when I run over mine. I used to use canes/hazel/B&Q etc but the stoney point ones are so much better. JC

Garen canes are all good, you can fasten by any of the above means, i have tide mine in a figure of 8 knot with a dob of superglue on the knot. defently use someting to stop them knocking together at the wrong time or the wright time its well annoying.

"Reason for edit: No one is actually interested in your opinion Sutton"

Is he banned?

what he type ?

Guest Sprags
Kenneth/Harry/Wilton etc etc has been removed once again :wacko:

We await another of his personas to appear shortly :D

Good work :lol:

One handy tip I have used for years:

If you are friendly with your local dairy farmer then look for the discarded rubber cups from the milking units (the bits where the teats of the udder go in). These are a service part and the thinner sections perish after a while in use and under attack from aggressive cleaning fluids. However the hollow rubber cup is very strong and will accomodate-with some force and fairly liquid-two of those lovely green garden canes! The result is very strong and flexible while giving good purchase. I've used the same unit for about 12 years now and its still going strong.

Cheers

G

Archived