Grumpy in Upper Benefield.

menial 1

June has been a month best forgot. I usually take life's little knocks in my stride but June '09 seems to have had it in for me.

Starts off with a summons from a safety camera team somewhere in Hertfordshire, they clock me doing 60mph in a 50mph zone which I'd failed to notice, so fair enough I'm guilty and can't really complain.

A couple of days later I'm out for a spin on my old Commando and we're nicely swinging through a bend when this woman comes tearing round from the other way on my side of the road and she clips my mirror with hers and I feel a sudden stinging sensation on my neck, turns out she's hit my mirror with hers and the flying glass from my mirror has cut my throat in three places. She speeds off without stopping leaving me with a slightly raised heart rate and a shirt full of blood. Could have been worse I suppose.

Couple of days later I jump out of the cab on my digger to close the tailgate on an eight wheeler that's just tipped a load of crushed concrete, I signal the driver to wait while I clear a stray piece of steel so the tailgate can close properly and the ###### shoots forward, the rear door slams shut and crushes my mitt. So we get plastered up and a fortnight later go for an xray just to check that things are healing up nicely, result is a couple of days in a hospitable bed and some invasive surgery to put things right, and a further six weeks in plaster.

Now back to no driving, can't do my laces up, so no shooting over all the bloody cut hay fields that have just appeared everywhere.

I'm sat here at home earning the princely sum of £79 a week statutory sick pay through no fault of my own and feeling slightly peeved with it all. The money I had been putting to one side for my dream buy of a new PM11 will now have to be spent just keeping my head above water.

So if some of you happen to come across me in the coming weeks and I seem a little testy, June is the reason why.

And I'm usually the first bugger that comes out with "roll on the summer".

I suppose in reality there's always somebody worse off than yourself but at this moment in time I feel bloody hard done by.

Pete (miserable ######).

Look on the bright side ............ it's now July :lol:

All the best, haven't you got any vids worth watching ?

Sorry to hear your predicament pete! It wont be much consilation but im not gettin any freetime in at the moment either, 16 to 20 hours a day on the buckrake, now im straight on to slurry!!! dont like my rifles collecting dust!

Sorry to hear about your missfortunes Pete!!! :blush:;)

I hope you get better soon and things start to look up for you!!!!

Take care and all the very best.................

RAY..................

Thanks for the kind thoughts gents, I wasn't fishing for the sympathy vote, it's just such a busy time of year for us. We have 2500 poults to the woods and another 1000 going up tomorrow. Snares running everywhere and more invites to clear up Toby than you can shake a stick at. I'm just gutted to be about as much use as tits on a fish at the moment.

Pete.

Guest martin

Hey Pete,it could of been a whole lot worse mate,you'll be back at 'em in no time mate.We all have bad times,mine was last November(stroke)so keep yer pecker up buddy................Martin

Think positive mate, that's all you can do! Why not get one of the guys to pick you up so you can hold the lamp for them or something? Better than sitting at home. I actually quite like the social aspect of out sport, it's good to watch someone else having a good night. :lol:

Hell Pete, the karma seems to be a bit low. What have you been up to?? :unsure:

Least it's not coldish and damp like here. Been getting through a fair bit of firewood.

Chin up,

Chris

Archived