Testing a new remmy stock.

Since a few months I'm working on shaping a new remmy stock. We stuck my 243 sporter into

the prototype and had a shot. Main thing is to check for any niggles and take fellow shooters

opinions serious. The stock is based on our howa hunter shape with some areas improved.

Next is now to make the mould and I'll hopefully have myself a nice lightweight stock for the

deer season start in September.

edi

DSCN0821.jpg

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

Hi Eddie

looks good, not 100% sure of the look of the forend - although pics not clear, suggest beavertail as there doe not seem to be much swell?

Stipling on the forend sides and pistol grip would be good.

Comb looks right for good cheek weld / scope eye height.

Obviously you intend to have white as an option as well as other colours..

I still owe you a trigger - thick fxxers forgotten again!

Chris, I'll get some better pictures up soon.

at the moment the stock is just raw fiberglass, hence the white. This plug will

be thrown away once the mould is made.

Ronin,

we are trying to find a compromise between a lightweight hunter stock and a varmint style.

The forend is flat at the bottom and fairly wide, just no bulges on the side. The verdict from

people using our howa stock was to leave the forend as is, even when it is used in a tactical rifle.

The stippling gets done individually on every stock as rough or large as one wishes. Came up with a

few new ways and materials for the stipling.

What was changed compared to the howa stock was, pistol grip is a bit longer and a bit wider in the bottom,

angle on the buttplate changed, length of pull maybe down by 1/4" and inlet for remmy 700 SA up to pss barrel.

We also have templates to change a stock to fit the Barnard multi action. (we'll see how that gets along)

Oh, a trigger would be great... everyone who shoots my remmy laughs at me and mentions crow bar.. and hammer

by the way, a tac style is in design at the moment. Plan is to provide non inletet.

edi

For a LR/Tac type stock .

I would look at the shape a design of the Mcmillan " McHale " stock , I really like It , its the stock thats on the PH M85 ( usually fibreglass ) and in wood form on the PH M87 .

I would love one so i can drop my M87 out of its wood stock into a composite stock .

This design has a lot of meat in the tang area , so a lot more actions can be fitted into this stock .

Later Chris

Chris, very difficult to find a good compromise in shape so that

a stock is really multi purpose. We are relying on what we think is a good

comfortable fit and the feedback of all who have handled one of these stocks.

We have increased the cheek height about 1/2" higher than average stocks which

helps with larger scope heights.

Fitting different actions is not really an option with our stocks, because they come

fully shaped out of the mould. No milling, the action area is made in a long fiber winding technique

which gives maximum stiffnes, strength and vibration transfer from action to stock. Combined

with light weight. We are looking at some of the remmy clones and hope to cater for some

of the smaller differences, with this stock only short action.

Here is one of our howa SA stocks in tac green.

DSCN0594.jpg

edi

Archived