Scope height

auquhollie

When punching in the data to the ballistic programmes it asks for the scope height. Is this measured from the top of the action to the middle of the 30mm tube ??.

Ads

When punching in the data to the ballistic programmes it asks for the scope height. Is this measured from the top of the action to the middle of the 30mm tube ??.

Ads

Great question Ads, how about when you have a 20 MOA rail ??? Presume it will be where the adjustment/turrets are ???

Steve

Great question Ads, how about when you have a 20 MOA rail ??? Presume it will be where the adjustment/turrets are ???

Steve

yep measured to middle of scope where turrets are as that would be the datum point its asking for

Pray tell the measurement is to the centre of the scope from the centre of the barrel so it doesn't matter does it :wacko::wacko:

As long as you measure the barrel immediately below where you measure the scope???

not if you have a 20 moa rail fitted it'll be slightly higher at the front and thus lower at the back. you measure where the reticle is as its the reticle that moves with adjustment

not if you have a 20 moa rail fitted it'll be slightly higher at the front and thus lower at the back. you measure where the reticle is as its the reticle that moves with adjustment

Cheers Spud, spot on buddy, except it's lower at the front.

And sod's law the turret is generally over the loading/ejection port :):lol:

Cheers Steve

Cheers Spud, spot on buddy, except it's lower at the front.

And sod's law the turret is generally over the loading/ejection port :):lol:

Cheers Steve

sure about that way round,

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15095

Maybe's yours is for extra close range shooting :P:P

LOL Steve

yea you are right i was getting in a mucking fuddle, thinking that you had to lift the scope up at the back to bet the rifle up but its the other wau round . ffs im getting confused now :lol::lol::lol:

anyway im wrong your right :excl::)

First time for everything Spud, normally round the other way, just ask my wife -_--_-

i'll be seeing her later on :excl: i'll ask her then :rolleyes:

THAT explains the smile on her face recently, save's me a job !!!! :P:P You've got a lot to live up to..........

no probs there mate i can do nearly an inch on a good day :rolleyes:

Ah!

Missed that bit so my turn spud... your right I'm wrong... give us a hug :rolleyes:

Ah!

Missed that bit so my turn spud... your right I'm wrong... give us a hug :rolleyes:

hugs all round

Archived