FREE Quick Target

ds1

If you go to Lapua.com you can download Quick Target Unlimited, Lapua version (only Lapua bullets) for free. The software is the latest version of QL and uses Doppler radar data......in other words it should be bloody accurate.

You have to register on the Lapua site......I did it and the programme down-loaded fine.

Or you can go to 6mmbr.com (accurate shooter) and they walk you through the steps - on front page blog. You can also download an instruction manual there too for it.

David.

If you go to Lapua.com you can download Quick Target Unlimited, Lapua version (only Lapua bullets) for free. The software is the latest version of QL and uses Doppler radar data......in other words it should be bloody accurate.

You have to register on the Lapua site......I did it and the programme down-loaded fine.

Or you can go to 6mmbr.com (accurate shooter) and they walk you through the steps - on front page blog. You can also download an instruction manual there too for it.

David.

I did it yesterday and only had a very quick look but it looks like the range of cartidges it caters for is limited to those Lapua build, none the less for most people shooting normal factory calibers it should work fine. These is a powder heat chart available on the web for those using other powders.

Step by step instrictions on how to do it are here.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/

2nd artical down,

A

I tell ya i went onto Jackson rifles the other day and downloaded there version, Excelbal. With all the data punched in it was pap on with the propper exbal right out to 1000 yards. Best thing is its free. We tested it last night with the PPC and it was pap on right out to 300+ yards.

http://www.jacksonrifles.com/ballistics.htm

click on the excelbal.com link.

Ads

David,

Good find. -Not 'bloody accurate', I'd say 'as good as it can ever get' for this type of modelling. I've been using the lapua doppler data in QT to prove my program's outputs for a while. When are you going to send me some rifle & load data so I can do you an all conditions card -(that will (I can guarantee!) match the doppler data!)? ;)

Ads,

There'd be something pretty fundamentally wrong with a program (or the inputs to it) that was detectably off below 300yds....it's further out, and on a ,say, 10degC different day, with, say, 40mB different pressure (....and warmer/cooler ammo!) that you'll see the differences.....below 450yds the differences get lost in the 'noise' for most shooters.

The fact that you can get exbal to match the excel program is only half the battle -you now have to get them matching your actual bullet's performance -don't expect the BC you worked out from your fired data shooting at 5 deg C out to 300 on a rainy day in January to work when shooting at 700 on a 25 deg C sunny day in Jun. Or vice versa B) Doppler data takes the guess work out.

David,

Good find. -Not 'bloody accurate', I'd say 'as good as it can ever get' for this type of modelling. I've been using the lapua doppler data in QT to prove my program's outputs for a while. When are you going to send me some rifle & load data so I can do you an all conditions card -(that will (I can guarantee!) match the doppler data!)? B)

Ads,

There'd be something pretty fundamentally wrong with a program (or the inputs to it) that was detectably off below 300yds....it's further out, and on a ,say, 10degC different day, with, say, 40mB different pressure (....and warmer/cooler ammo!) that you'll see the differences.....below 450yds the differences get lost in the 'noise' for most shooters.

The fact that you can get exbal to match the excel program is only half the battle -you now have to get them matching your actual bullet's performance -don't expect the BC you worked out from your fired data shooting at 5 deg C out to 300 on a rainy day in January to work when shooting at 700 on a 25 deg C sunny day in Jun. Or vice versa :ph34r: Doppler data takes the guess work out.

Doppler data ? now you have lost me !! ;)

Ads

I dont have a hand held computer so use drop charts, the results from this drop chart are pretty accurate, gives the drops and drifts in clicks as well as actual distance.

http://www.biggameinfo.com/BalCalc.aspx

This looks easier to me to use than Peter's, perhaps I better look harder.

A

"Doppler Effect"

is that not name given to the "effect" of say an ambulances siren when moving and your staionary but at distance?

when it sounds all wonky and changed pitch.

sure i read that somewhere :wacko: or probably talking ###### as usual

here aquahollie....where you getting to shoot out to 1000yds!!!!??!?!?!

would love to try this long range caper...got the scope for it too but dinnae have the no how or the ground for yardage!!!

sauer

Archived