Electronic/Reactive Targets -

Guest Tiff

Having secured permission from the farmer to set up a permanent 1,400+ yard range, I now need something to shoot at :(

The 'range' will have 700, 1,200 and 1,400 yard all weather firing positions. I can use white paper screens or thin painted steel sheet for shooting from the 700yard point, but beyond that the target needs to be reactive. I cannot have anything that will pose a ricochet hazard, since stock will be only 50 yards away from the impact zone. So no thick steel plate/gongs etc.

However I can have as many sandbag walls around the area as I would like. Currently thinking of building a 5'x5' wall of sandbags around the three sides of the target, but that can be enlarged......Also got 100+' of vertical hill behind so that 'wall' is only there to stop fragments and eliminate ricochets etc. and is not the only backstop ;) .

I was thinking along the lines of an electronic fig11/14, like those on military ETR ranges. So where can these be sourced from. However cheaper alternatives would be great, since I have a feeling ETR targets aren't cheap!

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Cheers Tiff

Archived