Ballistic calculator and scope adjustment questions please.

Condition1

Dear all, I’ve gotten myself all confused. 2 questions if I may.

sorry for these dumb questions but I can’t make any sense of it.

1) My scope is 1/8 moa a click this ballistic calculation asked me to input 4.76

im not great at maths but how do I get .76 out of the 8 times table this has really melted my brain.  I guess this is a stupid question shouldn’t it give me options in 1/8ths

anyway how do I dial .76?

IMG_9647.thumb.png.6c7a71c99623ab294f49a96974517406.png

2) for 300 yards it gave me this solution.

IMG_9648.thumb.png.b33b0a034941fb1416e43d751a44df2e.png

Which makes sense as . 16 would be 2 1/8 clicks ? Anyway that’s not the question 

I needed this solution at 300 yards 4 moa plus 5 x1/8  so 4.40? Who knows I’m loosing my marbles here.  Anyway this is the actual solution to hit centre I’m worried that at longer ranges it will be way off target 

any experts here on how I can adjust this calculator to fit. I’ve gone through all the data and it’s as exact as I can get it. 

IMG_1476.thumb.jpeg.b221fdbef385eb47107257d5d0697117.jpeg

An 1/8 MOA Click in decimal terms is actually 0.125 MOA per click. The screenshots that you uploaded seem to make sense for whatever caliber you are shooting.

At 300 yards, the app suggests 4.2 MOA which implies four full MOA up, plus two clicks on top (2x0.125 =0.25) which will get you the closest to the calculated 4.2 MOA. The range on the second photo is 320 yards, resulting in an increased elevation of 4.76 MOA, so it’s four full MOA up, plus six additional clicks (6x0.125=0.75 MOA)

You may also be able to fine tune the app by entering the actual muzzle velocity, updating the weather data and/or reduce the theoretical ballistic coefficient once you have the actual point of impact at say 300 versus 100 yards.

Hope that helps.

One 1/8 th click is 12.5% of the full moa . Or 6 clicks equals 75 % . 4.75 equals 4 plus a further 6 clicks . 
One click is too much so just go as near as possible to the marks on the scope .

0.1 error will be 0.3 “ at 300 so only about 8.46 mm . Just over a bullets width ( 308 )

16 minutes ago, Condition1 said:

Ok, thanks  guys it didn’t occur it was decimal I was trying to think in fractions. I shouldn’t try and think after midnight 

also should have bought a mil scope or listened at school in maths 

The Mils v MOA question is an interesting one. I now have both and the choice is driven primarily by what my fellow competitors use. Some disciplines favour Mils other disciplines favour MOA.

Regards

JCS

10 hours ago, Bianchi said:

An 1/8 MOA Click in decimal terms is actually 0.125 MOA per click. The screenshots that you uploaded seem to make sense for whatever caliber you are shooting.

At 300 yards, the app suggests 4.2 MOA which implies four full MOA up, plus two clicks on top (2x0.125 =0.25) which will get you the closest to the calculated 4.2 MOA. The range on the second photo is 320 yards, resulting in an increased elevation of 4.76 MOA, so it’s four full MOA up, plus six additional clicks (6x0.125=0.75 MOA)

You may also be able to fine tune the app by entering the actual muzzle velocity, updating the weather data and/or reduce the theoretical ballistic coefficient once you have the actual point of impact at say 300 versus 100 yards.

Hope that helps.

thank you yes it does. I wasn’t thinking in decimals. Thanks for the clear explanation.

I’ve added all data and Tripple checked it including muzzle velocity measured by myself.