march and shoot 2009

swampy

Gentlemen,

Last year at the march and shoot we raised £12k

http://www.simonwyndham.co.uk/march-and-shoot.html

this went to help for heroes.

marchandshoot@live.co.uk

this years event is to be held on 29th August in Lincolnshire. if you would like to take part then please email me at marchandshoot@live.co.uk

if you are in a position to contribute a prize (ie a days stalking or fishing or shooting) please email the same address and we will liaise to sort all the finer details out.

Thanks Guys

swampy

I tried to use the link in the above post but it attempted to download some strange program and froze my 'puter. Hopefully the anti-virus thingy caught it before any lasting damage was done. Make sure you're protection is up to date before anyone else tries. Is there any other info anywhere on this march and shoot and is it a genuine event or a spam thing that someone has unwittingly passed on? I used to like that sort of thing so I hope its real! Best wishes, JC

JC worked for me the other night, looks like a good event, sent the organiser an email and he is getting back with further details next week.

The link is just a video from last year? event and a bit about help for heroes for whom they are raising money for.

You caught all those moles yet???

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys the event moves forward.

joining instructions are now prepared. if you are up for it let me know

marchandshoot@live.co.uk

If you are in a position to donate an auction prize please do so.

come on UKV,

show us what you have got!

steve

image001.jpg

A little explanation as to what 'March and Shoot 2009' is; and I might know whether I'm 'up for it' :o

Hi Brown Dog,

The march and shoot is a charity event to raise money for help for heroes. the format is an 8 mile sponsorred walk "march" followed by a bit of shooting. this years shooting will be an informal sporting clay pigeon spread. this will be followed by a social evening and barbecue. The march bit is with a 35lb roesack or ruck sack

at the same time there is a charity auction where prizes are pledged by donors and auctioned with the procedes going to charity. for example i am the chairman of a wildfowling club so i pledge a couple of flights on the marsh, then these are bid for. Rabbit fingers makes leather gear, he has pledged a bullet pouch.

All proceeds go to help for heroes. last year we raised £12k. and it was a jolly good social weekend with plenty of fluid refreshments taken in.

swampy

image001.jpg

Hi Brown Dog,

The march and shoot is a charity event to raise money for help for heroes. the format is an 8 mile sponsorred walk "march" followed by a bit of shooting. this years shooting will be an informal sporting clay pigeon spread. this will be followed by a social evening and barbecue. The march bit is with a 35lb roesack or ruck sack

at the same time there is a charity auction where prizes are pledged by donors and auctioned with the procedes going to charity. for example i am the chairman of a wildfowling club so i pledge a couple of flights on the marsh, then these are bid for. Rabbit fingers makes leather gear, he has pledged a bullet pouch.

All proceeds go to help for heroes. last year we raised £12k. and it was a jolly good social weekend with plenty of fluid refreshments taken in.

swampy

image001.jpg

Thanks for the email Swampy, would have been up for it if it was rifle shooting, but cannot really get excited about clay shooting anymore, will pledge a donation though for the cause.

Good luck with the event!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

As we all know the march and shoot is happening on Saturday.

There are, I am sure, quite a few members who are not able to attend. These members might still like to show thier support and put a small donation to the event.

We have a paypal account (very 21st century!!!)

Should any members feel that they might like to make a donation please do so using the following email account

marchandshoot@live.co.uk

Thanks Guys

Swampy Steve (and the guys who really need it)

image001.jpg

Archived