Good news,and,some very Bad news!!!!!

Guest martin

Guest martin

I will start with the good news,cos,I love new toys.I have a bit the bullet this week and spent some of the money that I have recouped from selling a few things,I have taken ownership of a lovely shiney(well matt,but,you now what I mean)Zeiss 6-24x56mm IR scope,and,I am over the moon with the quality,and,for the price it bloody well should be good!!!!

But,as I said there was some bad news,and,it was bad I can tell you...........I woke up this morning,and,as all men do I did all of the male scratching that we do around the back wheels,and,I thought,oh dear a spot,and,it was right next to the sack in the hinge between bollock and leg,but,hey this spot is more like a tag.So,in the drawer for the shaving mirror,turned it to the magnification side,and,there it was..............a ####### tick!!!!! Straight downstairs,got the 'Otom' tick remover,but,because it was still so small(I can hear all of you bas***ds laughing as I type this)I couldn't get the bloody thing,so,I thought I would have to shave a bit of excess pubes off to get a better look..............BAD IDEA!!! I got the David Beckam razor out and carefully went around the area,but,as we all now David Beckam can't tackle,and,I whipped the bloody tick right off leaving the head parts still in there,not good!! And,why is it I can still hear you lot laughing????

I will obviously keep an eye on it now in case it goes a bit dodgy,but,so far TCP has stopped it itching,and,I will of course keep you all posted................Martin.

Oh and here is a few pics(of the scope you sick bas***ds)...............

Forgot to mention my new stock as well,it's a Bell & Carlson.

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

God i like the new scope mate and new stock as welll no flies on you, well just ticks. i hope you sort out your little problem soon, you could say "your as happy as a dog with two ticks". Just watch out for the lymes disease mate, if you do get it can i have first dibs on the scope.

Rifle is looking good martin!!!!! :D :D

As for bugs on your personal area , well whatever makes you ticks!!!! :rolleyes:;)

Seriously though mate , hope your okay!!! ;) ;)

All the best............

RAY.............................

Guest varmartin

Spud...that is naughty.....you know Limes affects the mind, he prolly wont remember where the keys to his safe are ....

In all seriousness .....Martin...Get your self off down the quacks mate and get it sorted ....pronto .!

Managed to collect -three- of the little b******ds while in OK recently, despite using spray. My mate Steve reckons they can fall off trees onto you. Anyway, haven't gone down with any apparent malaise in the intervening month. Here's hoping.

We're bloody lucky there's nothing here in New Zealand outdoors that can kill you other than falls, hypothermia or drowning. No snakes/poisonous spiders or insects/bears/wolves..

Chris-NZ

I got a tick on my sack about 8 years ago when I was living in Germany. I had been out running in the country side, I was quite shocked when I found the little critter when I was in the shower. The wife is an expert at removing them from the dogs adn cats and she whiped this little critter of with her fingernails no problem. I hope you have no illeffects, there was a girl who worked at the stables where I was in Germany who was quite poorly from the Limes. I beleive you are unlikely to get limes if the tick has been on for less than 24hours.

ATB

Dave

Scope is looking cool mate. Bet combined with the new stock she is shooting spot on. Think yourself lucky it wasn't the wife that found your visitor. For sure it would have "ticked" her off :rolleyes: .

Ads

Been there done that. Had been stalking in scotland and crawling about, went for a shower and whats this :)

Came home wasn't too concerned but it nagged me so went to the docs and had the test.

I remove them by hand but be careful you dont squeeze them as you do it as the bacteria etc is regurgitated back in to your flesh :D ugh

Nice scope by the way.

looks like your in to long range shooting now :)

Managed to collect -three- of the little b******ds while in OK recently, despite using spray. My mate Steve reckons they can fall off trees onto you. Anyway, haven't gone down with any apparent malaise in the intervening month. Here's hoping.

We're bloody lucky there's nothing here in New Zealand outdoors that can kill you other than falls, hypothermia or drowning. No snakes/poisonous spiders or insects/bears/wolves..

Chris-NZ

The most dangerous thing in NZ are the Kiwis :)

Pete (almost a Kiwi, but paarents returned to the UK just months before I was born, narrow escape some would say :D )

a very good scope .the only down side so iv been told is that its in center meters ? you may have problems dieling in i dont know only what iv been told ..best of luck with it and lets see some pics soon of some dead stuff :lol:

Archived