Barrel cleaning

Assuming we all use a cleaning solvent for carbon/copper,

Which type of brush do you use, a p/bronze or nylon brush ???

It seem that some people swear by a good quality p/bronze brush to do a propper clean,

where as some people will only use nylon as p/bronze is to harsh on the bore.

john.

TBH i stopped using brushes once i found KG12. 3 wet patches leave 30 mins and 5 dry patches. Not a bit of copper to be found after that.

Ads

as above kg12 is awsome but doesnt soak into patches very well

what I like to do is put on a good snug fit wool mop then load it with kg12 in the window and stroke it up and down the bore a good number of times, say 20 then push out with a tight patch

kg 12 just eats only copper so I load a "not tight not loose" bronze brush with tetra and brush the bore a few times to remove anything else before washing all out clean with 009 and drying

can kg 12 do any long term damage to the bore if you leave it in for a long soaking

I use nylon brushes usually combined with a cleaner called TM Solution. I will brush maybe every 2nd or 3rd cleaning, the others I just soak and patch out.

A

can kg 12 do any long term damage to the bore if you leave it in for a long soaking

Spud,

Id'e say no. Its not amonia based so i would say its not going to do any lasting damage. TBH i dont need to leave it soaking past 30 mins. Thats all it takes to clean out all copper in the tube.

Ads

Will the kg 12 show up the copper fouling in a different colour like forrest bore foam?

Also as any one tried the M-pro 7 stuff?

Cheers,

Sean.

Sean

I have used the M -Pro 7 system, it works pretty well, in fact I still use the carbon remover for initial cleaning.

However I have returned to using Shooters Choice for copper duty.

I only clean when the rifle tells me to - when accuracy starts to drop off, that includes everything from the 22-250 to the 338.

Archived