STALKING BOOTS WHICH ONES

There is only one. Meindle are one of the toughest boots out there. They will last years of abuse.

Ads

I will second the meindl . I have the dovre extreme and they are fantastic, really comfortable straight from the box. The vibram soles are a little on the hard side but that i can put up with.

Prov :blink:

I'm a Lundhags fan... Have the Scout for warmer weather, and the Professional for colder/wetter stuff. Never been cold, uncomfortable, hot (was hunting with my Scouts in Africa) or wet. Can't say enough good things about them. The only 'down' side is the price, but, if they are going to last as long as I think they will, they are not expensive at all.

best wishes,

Finman

I'll Second Finman.

If you do get water over the top they dry out better than goretex as well. Combined with Berghaus yeti gaiters cock on.

Friends Lundhags are 15 year old and still sound.

i have mendl, and they scrub up nice when i need to wear my shooting suit , a good all round boot

hi guys,

have had a pair of lowa boot for 20some odd years but they where brought from a tradditional boot maker and fitter in alpbach austria. regularly get there skiing fitted over a week complete with moulded insoles and have had a couple of streching sessions on return vists sadly the sole has started to part from the boot whilst beating but have spoke to him on the phone and he said send them to him or bring them with me and he will have a look at them .surpose will have to get out their some time soon as got a couple of pairs of his shoes that could do with a resole as well considering they cost the equilavent of 25 pounds in the early eightys they dont owe me much.

think that lowa now make the standard issue mountain boot issued to the austrian mountain troops and german army special forces units.

graham.

Another vote for Meindle, had a pair for years and are warm, waterproof and very supportive.

Consider Alt-Berg "High Moor" boots too, they are made in UK and also a worthy contendor - I use these as work issue.

It depends on your stalking as i also work the meindle glockner but i dont wear them at the low ground roe stalking as there soles are to hard for me & i find i cant feel the ground under foot with them. On the hill its all i wear & have done for 15yrs with some serious work/testing & they are exelent boots.

Berger,

the lads above have provided by experience some good options. Possibly use these for your short list but do try all on your list and I am sure one will stand out as comfy and the winner.

Waterproofing or any other single attribute in isolation is no good if you keep getting blisters.

For example, Lundhags have not given me one blister yet my other cheap knock about boots can't do more than 1/2 mile contouring before they start to rub the skin off my ankle bone. On close inspection there is a seam just below that rubs upwards on side slopes.

Comfort is all, the other attributes combine to justify the price.

• 3 weeks later...
I am considering the Meindl Dovre Extreme,

http://www.grahamsonline.co.uk/product.php?ID=4374

Not sure though, people have told that the Le Chameau Mouflon are not bad, Lundhags are supposed to good too!

I just cannot make my mind up. . . . :unsure:

ive had three pairs of mouflons , originally bought 1 pair and had them replaced twice thats twice in two years

never again

Guest Sprags
ive had three pairs of mouflons , originally bought 1 pair and had them replaced twice thats twice in two years

never again

Thats Mouflons out the window then!!

never again

I have heard this quite a lot surfing around different sites reading what people use,I have been today to a local shop and decided on the Meindl Dovre Extreme £197.50

I may get a few quid cheap on the net but i like to spend money with local busineses

the shop was very helpfull I asked about the glockner but he said there far too stiff for hill walking there designed for mountain work and to take a cramp on

Guest Sprags
I have heard this quite a lot surfing around different sites reading what people use,I have been today to a local shop and decided on the Meindl Dovre Extreme £197.50

I may get a few quid cheap on the net but i like to spend money with local busineses

the shop was very helpfull I asked about the glockner but he said there far too stiff for hill walking there designed for mountain work and to take a cramp on

Berger, if you wouldn't mind, would you let me know how you get on with them please as I have considered those?

Thanks

Sprags

Berger, if you wouldn't mind, would you let me know how you get on with them please as I have considered those?

Thanks

Sprags

well mate Iam collecting a pair tommorrow,after weeks of hunting around (you can see the date i posted the question) looking at different boots reading reports what people have said,there the only set worth having,I was going to wait untill the game fair for any cheap deals but again there around the sme price give or take a few quid

Thanks

Sprags

collected a set today be warned if oredring of the net you will need a size smaller as they are generous,I treid mine on in the shop and Iam very very pleased,there like slippers,a little stiff from new but I have a lot of satlking bokked so should be broken in fairy quickly

go get a pair you wont be disapointed

I am considering the Meindl Dovre Extreme,

http://www.grahamsonline.co.uk/product.php?ID=4374

Not sure though, people have told that the Le Chameau Mouflon are not bad, Lundhags are supposed to good too!

I too will never buy Le Chameau again, one pair lasted 4 months, the second (replacement) pair 6 months, they cracked like hell. I now wear Meindl. When these wear out I will buy more!

:rolleyes: Meindl dovre extremes :blink:

Ft

I spoke to the Altberg chaps when I was up that way and bought some superfeet inserts from them. Probably the best money I have ever spent. I used to suffer from plantar fasciitis, now I do not.

ft

Guest Sprags
collected a set today be warned if oredring of the net you will need a size smaller as they are generous,I treid mine on in the shop and Iam very very pleased,there like slippers,a little stiff from new but I have a lot of satlking bokked so should be broken in fairy quickly

go get a pair you wont be disapointed

Thanks for the info Berger, I do appreciate it. Could you please tell me what shop you used as I see from your profile that you're in Derbyshire, not a million miles from me! The local shops to me only seem to stock Le Chameau, so if you could give me the info I may take a ride there one weekend! :blink:

Oh, and #### buying off the net, not after the fraudulent attack I have recently suffered!

:rolleyes:

Regards,Sprags

Thanks for the info Berger, I do appreciate it. Could you please tell me what shop you used as I see from your profile that you're in Derbyshire, not a million miles from me! The local shops to me only seem to stock Le Chameau, so if you could give me the info I may take a ride there one weekend! :blink:

Oh, and #### buying off the net, not after the fraudulent attack I have recently suffered!

:rolleyes:

Regards,Sprags

the shop is called w slack and sons,the guy is very very helpfull they stock all the sizes even 1/2 sizes

I paid £200 and got boots socks and wax,the socls are £18 alone so I was happy

www.wslackandsons.co.uk

01623 624449

tell him a big bald guy sent you,you will get the same deal

the shop is called w slack and sons,the guy is very very helpfull they stock all the sizes even 1/2 sizes

I paid £200 and got boots socks and wax,the socls are £18 alone so I was happy

www.wslackandsons.co.uk

01623 624449

tell him a big bald guy sent you,you will get the same deal

I bought my Meindl Dovre's from Slacks back in October.

I found them on the web and then phoned them regarding sizing etc.. The chap was very helpful and really new his onions, when the boots arrived both mine and my mates fitted perfectly.

Top boots and a great service, nuff said!

Moses

Archived