I've had lots of different muzzle brakes and I've only had 1 timed brake..

It was an Armalon brake..

It had 90 degree ports on it and the others i are angled ports that are more efficient and less recoil.

Self timed brakes are great..

I have a dolphin self timed brake...

Fox firearms had quite a few in stock.

I do have a T3 terminator brake that had one alumn key to tighten up and a Roedale brake that has 2 to do up..

Area 419 Sidewinder is an excellent brake. I’ve got a few of them.

No need to have the brake timed. Just have the barrel properly screw cut and you time the brake yourself.

It'll most definitely be properly screw cut. Its the riflesmith doing the work who prefers to do the threading of the brake, the timing and blending of profile. Work of art...

It does seem that a lot of companies offer self timing brakes now, with fewer options for gunsmith fitted types. I see Area419 do supply the Hellfire for gunsmith fitting, but not for threading. Precision Arms look like they supply Terminator for total gunsmith fit.

The muzzle still needs threading..!!

All my barrels have an 18/1m thread so I can switch muzzle brakes and mods around if I want too..

I have 3 brakes and 2 mods.

Threading not an issue, just that we're talking about a very persnickety 'smith, who will only be satisfied in himself making all the threads the same. I have said I'd possibly like to use an existing M18x1 SL7i, which he'll replace the thread boss on with his own made. I've seen his work doing this on a pals rifle, it's truly impeccable.