So much for British Freedom... :(

MarinePMI

Hi PMI,

Intersting read, but i have never heard of the guy and i follow our media pretty closely.

A couple of points mate, firstly its not as bad as the artical makes out, yes its prohibitive to own firearms here and pistols have been recategorised so that ownership will only be granted in exceptional circumstances but we can still own rifles and shotguns.

Had Mr Luty applied and become a Registered Firearms Dealer (not difficult) he may have evaded prosecuiton but for all intents and purposes he committed an offence under section 5 of the 1968 firearms act ie. the manufacture of a machine gun.

machine guns have been banned from public ownership since 1938 in the UK.

All our firearms are registered and we must have a licence to purchase and own firearms but under this licence we may legally work on and modify our own firearms as long we work within the stipulated law (sawed off shotguns being an example of what is unlawful)

Mr luty seems to be a victim of some kind of vendetta by the police who obviously dont like him.

This has happened several times here simply because the authorities dont like the activities of some firearms dealers.

These guys have been arrested on jumped up charges with the hope by the police that if they throw enough mud some of it will stick.

When all this fails and they cant charge the individual with any offence the vendetta is usually stepped up.

I think Mr Luty wasan example of the very same thing

Ian.

I have not heard of the fella also, but had a trawl round out of curiosity and none of the links I found to homegunsmith.com worked. Ended up on militaryphotos.net and all the links I clicked on seemed to go round in circles.

Somebody obviously wanted to close him down.

Wouldn't have thought there were many examples of people doing more time than the sentence for the crime, I thought it was usual and rather annoying that people were let out early or on suspended sentence.

Archived