ADL to BDL

Guest martin

Guest martin

I have bought a Bell & Carlson stock for my Remington 700ADL,but,it is a BDL stock,I already have a floorplate,but,I noticed that there are 3 bolts securing the ADL whereas the BDL would only have 2 bolts,so,is this enough to secure the stock.This might be a stupid question,if so sorry................Martin.

Does anyone else experience difficulty getting ADL's to repeat from the magazine successfully? I have a 308 that I normally single load(at the range) but when I put 3-4 rounds in for hunting invariably the second round jams.Is there a knack? I have heard some people say that you have to make sure that the rounds are fully positioned to the rear of the mag(both ADL + BDL) Any tips?

I have bought a Bell & Carlson stock for my Remington 700ADL,but,it is a BDL stock,I already have a floorplate,but,I noticed that there are 3 bolts securing the ADL whereas the BDL would only have 2 bolts,so,is this enough to secure the stock.This might be a stupid question,if so sorry................Martin.

Hi Martin

Just to let you know I have just done the reverse operation. If you need a spring, floor plate or bolts I have spares.

Good luck with it!

Teach

Guest martin
Have you got the mag well liner too Martin?

I do have a well liner,but,I have just tried to fit it,and,it seems too long for the floorplate to fit flush,it just seems a bit too long,are they different sizes?

regards....Martin

Guest martin

I have just watched a 'How To' video and,I will be needing a BDL magazine and front hex bolt,so,if you have these Teach I would like to purchase them from you mate.............Martin.

I have just watched a 'How To' video and,I will be needing a BDL magazine and front hex bolt,so,if you have these Teach I would like to purchase them from you mate.............Martin.

One question is it short or long action?

Does anyone else experience difficulty getting ADL's to repeat from the magazine successfully? I have a 308 that I normally single load(at the range) but when I put 3-4 rounds in for hunting invariably the second round jams.Is there a knack? I have heard some people say that you have to make sure that the rounds are fully positioned to the rear of the mag(both ADL + BDL) Any tips?

I reduced the col when I had this problem with the standard Rem bottom metal and it cured it, the extra jump didn't affect accuracy either. I have a Badger mag conversion on another and you can load them as long as you like.

Pete.

Yes I have, Just emailled you an image so you can double check. Let me know what you want.

Archived