BORDER STALKERS SUMMER SHOOT. 14th.JUNE.

Today is D Day. [DANGERMOOSE DAY.]

DEFRA have decided that I am a blind old bat unfit to be in charge of a motor vehicle . [ Probably in collusion with the Vermin Protection Societys.]

I am having a Class 3 scooter delivered this afternoon , dark blue , 8mph !

It is our summer rifle shoot next Sun. so it will be interesting to see just how blind I am now !

Regards to all .

HWH.

you need to speak to col48 he is a hells angel he might be to take you out for rampaging and piliging

Today is D Day. [DANGERMOOSE DAY.]

DEFRA have decided that I am a blind old bat unfit to be in charge of a motor vehicle . [ Probably in collusion with the Vermin Protection Societys.]

I am having a Class 3 scooter delivered this afternoon , dark blue , 8mph !

It is our summer rifle shoot next Sun. so it will be interesting to see just how blind I am now !

Regards to all .

HWH.

Dont worry there stag, im sure me and ratwhiskers will be able to set you up with a set of nobbly tyres and a rifle rest, so you'll still be showing those corvids some justice!

Sorry to hear about it tho, i was hoping they would see sence, obviously not!

Not sure if i can make the shoot as i think i'll be scaling silage pits with the buckrake, fingers crossed it mite rain!

Shrek

Hi Shrek old pal .

The weather forecast is not good for next weekend .

Colin wants to check his rifle before the weekend so I must brew up some more ammo and check it out at the same time .

At least I will get a ride to the range with more speed , 8mph is rather sluggish but crikey it is a lot better than walking .

I haven`t run anybody down yet with the buggy !

Regards HWH. [alias DANGERMOOSE.]

A set of antlers on the front, and a rifle rack on the back and you're fixed HWH ;)

l should be there all things being equal (if l get the leave from work in time).

Regards.

Ratty.

Shrekles.

Can't we just get HWH an old Quad and fit a limiter to it ??!! that way we'd beat them all. Ag ticket and restricted mileage would keep the insurance reasonable and ground travel would be a breeze

;)

Since I got my buggy [ named Bugsey. ] I have seen one on the net called Tramper.

That is a fearsome thing with huge wheels etc. It would have been more suitable for my purpose but it is still restricted to 8 mph same as my Van Oss , Galaxy 4.

I have loaded some fodder for the .243 on Sunday and will try to tan your arses even though it is decreed that I am a blind old bat.

Regards HWH. [ alias DANGERMOOSE.]

Well the forecast was nearly correct , we did have 3 showers but generally the weather was very good and was fine and sunny at prizegiving.

Grateful thanks to all who kindly donated prizes and to Ratwhiskers and Ratwife [Lisa] for acting as range officers all day.

They were the last two persons to shoot on the day and Ratty upset my provisional score sheet by putting up the joint highest score of the day beating the leader Eric Neasham who had held off opposition all day on `count-back`.

[To sort out ties we take the highest score or smallest group on the small grouping target to decide the places.]

Results :-

Main event , extended DMQ type course of fire , 12 shots ex 120 points.

1. Ratwhiskers 30 + 89 = 119.

2. Eric Neasham 29 + 90 = 119.

3. Andy Denson 118.

4. Philip Gee 118.

5. S Mellor 118.

6. Ratwife [Lisa] 117.

7. Madmanx 116.

3 Shot grouping target at 120 yds ex 30 points.

1. Ratwhiskers 30.

2. E Neasham 30.

3. stag1933 30.

4. T Pickersgill 29.

5. J Wolfe 28.

6. Ratwife [Lisa] 28.

2 Shot Precision Pool target at 120 yds ex 20 points.

1. E Neasham 18.

2. J Wolfe 18.

3. E Wear 16.

4. S Henney 15.

5. P Gee 15.

Winner of the free raffle for a bottle of Glenfiddich :- I Butler.

Thanks again to all participants and helpers .

The next event is the Bill Grant Memorial shoot on August 16th.

HWH.

Sounds like a good day stag and you came 3rd, Can't you use that as evidence in re applying for your licence :)

Not a chance with those pratts at DVLA , I have a registered disease and do not fulfil their harsh requirment.

I scored 115/120 on the main event but a couple of clicks up on the scope would have gained me two more points and made my 30 on the 120yd pool shoot look better.

HWH.

Well done you guys, ratty, i told you you'd be up there sooner or later, whats with the 119 tho those big 7mm bullets make big holes u know!!!!!! hehehe!

Glad to hear you all had a fun day, i was fortunatly on the isle of Arran, unfortunatly not with the rifle as i was scaring the locals at a weddin in the full kilt dress!

Hopefully i will be down in august to put ratwhiskers off his stride again!!!

It appears that my initial trendsetting nightie attire has caught on, perhaps we should start a members only area to the site :rolleyes::D;)

Hubert, perhaps you should write to DVLA and advise that you have a pair of preseciption glasses with a no 7 post reticule, maybe they would alter their stance?

I know how frustrating it must be for you.

Aye.

It is a bugger , I cannot pop up to the range and tweak my sights or do any testing easily now.

I have brewed up some longer seated 68gr Bergers today for the .243 and will check them next week when I can get a lift up there with `colin`.

Luggy Duggy adjusted his CZ trigger last night and since it was dismantled we will have to check the zero .

HWH.

Ronin, thats not a bad idea. Kind of a 'Readers Nightmare' section :blush: Turning up in that sort of get up shouldn't be a problem but I reckon that the static buildup may result in a few NDs :lol:

Stag, you could always try knocking a few chimney pots off in town from your back window. Most of the daft buggers wouldn't notice anyway.

See you soon

Z

lt'd better be a sling back number 4 me then... after last weekend's scampering up n down the range l'm sure l lost several stone in blood n tears....

Mustn't forget the folded down wellies and the iron cross though ;)

Archived