L.E Wilson case trimmer.

sean c

Afternoon all,

I'm looking at this case trimmer i like the idea of using the case holder instead of a collet.

Does anybody have any good or bad experience's with these trimmers?

Cheers,

Sean.

Afternoon all,

I'm looking at this case trimmer i like the idea of using the case holder instead of a collet.

Does anybody have any good or bad experience's with these trimmers?

Cheers,

Sean.

I have used it on .223, .243 & 7mm-08 cases.

That looks a good price - to use the trimmer, it can be sat in a vice or mounted on the optional stand.

I have improvised a wood mount which allows me to clamp to various locations to trim.

Holding the caseholder on the trimmer takes a little getting used to - if you start cutting agressively it can jump and risks damaginhg the neck - although once you are familiar it works well.

The case holders come in fired & unfired sizes for some cases (.223 is just the one size).

I would buy one again if I lost mine.

Cheers

AndyCM

have a look on ebay.com mate there are loads on there most with some extras as well

Sean

IMHO possibly the best case trimmer aon the market.

I have one and use it for numerous calibres bettween 22-250AI to 338LM.

The screw thread ajuster can be replaced with a micrometer attachment, but to be honest it isnt necessary.

I have a set of "guage" cases - basically cases that are trimmed to the length I want in each calbre, to set up for a different calibre, select the case holder, place the guage case in it and ajust the screw so that the face of the neck is just a thou or two off the cutter. Then I use a "to be trimmed" case for final length tweaking.

The cutter lasts "forever" ive had mine for 8 or 9 years now and literally done 1000's of cases with it.

Nice thing about the Wilson is its cheap, the case holders are cheap and the cut is square to the neck / concentric to the boreline as the shell holders support the case perfectly.

I use mine mounted on a raised platform that was available in a kit bought from Reloading Solutions - I think Sinclair do a similar arrangement.

If I needed a replacement, I would have no hesitation to buy another.

Only issue is the case holders need lubing with WD40 or similar before they are put away as fingerprints will cause corrosion.

I did look on ebay but nothing on apart from a case holder for a 214 donalson or something like that. But the price on midway is ok.

just need a few bits and bos now for your trimmer and away you go

Thanks for the links it's mainly going to be used for the .338 lap mag at the minute but will probably end up doing the 6.5x55 and .308 i only load for 3 cals at the minute.

Sean.

I use a wilson trimmer and find it excellent, very high quality bit of kit and very good value for money. Get the stand thats available and the micrometer attachment if your feeling flush. I might get the chamfering tool one day. Give Reloading Solutions a call, thats where I got mine from. ATB Gareth.

Archived