Nosler rifles

I noticed Edgar brothers are bringing in Noslers model 48 rifle.

http://www.nosler.com/riflemodel48showroom.htm

They have introduced a lot of new calibres from 22-250 through to .338.

Anybody had a look/used one?

Will be nice to see something different on the shelves, some good chamberings availible too;

260 rem

6.5x284

7mm08

270 & 300wsm

Looks like a nice carry rifle at 6lb, ideal if you've got a bit of ground to cover.

What do you reckon?

ATB

Moses

I had a squint at one at a recent trade day at Edgars place. I quite liked the rifle. It appeared to be a gun that "borrowed" all the best bits off other brands, and put them in one package.

Edgars dont appear to have pushed them for some reason. As i remember, they were pricey.

I suppose the price will drive it as the accuracy warrenty (3 shot .75moa at 100 yards) is nothing to write home about. Needs to be well below Cooper IMHO.

A

3k !!, no way on earth that will sell.

An all singing Cooper with decent timber is only about 2K, a Dakota Predator £2.4K from MJI. I recon that somewhere someone is making a pile out of it.

A

At $2795 in the USA it will be heading for three grand over here :wacko: a lot of money for what is basically a very expensive factory rifle.

IMO it aint gonna sell much if at all.

Ian.

At that sort of money, I don't think I'll be seeing one on anyones shelf.

Interesting :lol: Why so expensive, is there something I am missing? I was surprised to see the weight was so low, surely this will induce recoil problems;

http://www.chuckhawks.com/rifle_weight.htm

I have been impressed with the accuracy of my Sako 75, and Weatherby do their Vanguard Sub-MOA both of which are guaranteed to shoot sub MOA. You can buy a Fox Firearms semi custom rifle for £1,900 according to Sporting Rifle Magazine, so why would anyone buy a Nosler :wacko:

ft

Weight and recoil are always two areas of contradiction, less of one means more of the other. But if you are hawking a rifle around for days at a time for an odd shot then weight is the prime consideration along with accuracy from a cold barrell.

A

Weight and recoil are always two areas of contradiction, less of one means more of the other. But if you are hawking a rifle around for days at a time for an odd shot then weight is the prime consideration along with accuracy from a cold barrell.

A

£2300-£2400 Macavoys today they said

Archived