First buck with the 243

Well ive been having a look out on a new bit of land for my first buck but only been seeing does at last light ;) .So after a bit of advice off foxhunter he told me to try first light instead of last light for a change.Well i set my alarm for 4.00 and after a bacon sarnie and a cup of tea i arrived at the ground for 4.45.The weather wasnt bad overcast but no wind so i set off and after only five minutes i spied a charlie at about 250 yds sitting watching rabbits running about but i couldnt get a shot because of some trees and long grass ,so i crept in to a position where i could get a shot and it had disappeard ;) .So i decided to have a lie out on a wood edge bordering a wheat field were ive seen the does ,i had been there for a couple of hours and was just about to pack in and call it a morning when a deer pounced on to the field at about 170 yds,i checked through the scope and it was a buck so i waited till he was sideways on and went for a heart and lung shot ,after i pulled the trigger i watched him run off and i thought i had missed him but when i got down i followed a blood trail and he was lying dead at the wood edge i was well chuffed to say the least ;);)

DSCF0612.jpg

Well done there mate , did you have a bit of a shake on as it was your first :D

Thats a big milestone well done, now then is it gonna be an early one tommorow :D

Keep up the good work all the best Andy ;)

Well done there mate , did you have a bit of a shake on as it was your first :D

Thats a big milestone well done, now then is it gonna be an early one tommorow :D

Keep up the good work all the best Andy ;)

Ha ha i was shaking like a sheep shiting snowballs :lol: but i managed to compose myself and do the biz ;) it will be an early one tommorow but fly fishing im afraid nowt exciting like shooting bucks :D

Archived