20 VARGET

Rutland lad

Morning - I’ve been asked by a gamekeeper friend to assist him in hand loading for his new purchase, a rifle in 20 Varget calibre.
He has some existing load recipes for 32 and 39 grain bullets, but he’s keen to try to develop a load using Barnes Grenade monometal which are 26 grain. 
Has anyone any experience of such a load ? If so can someone help me out with this as wildcat calibres are not included on Quickload data. 
I have barrel length and twist rate if required. 

Many thanks

• 1 month later...

look up Todd kindler an american who formed a lot of 20cal cartridges.his load data is bang on.i had a 20 tactical years ago i got in touch with him he sent me a huge amount of data.if you can get hold of his books they are worth there weight in gold i have on for the .20 cal and .17 cal.after reading his data and books i ended up getting a 14/222 walker yes a 14cal awsome cartridge on the 221 fb case.

forgot to say it is vartarg-Kindlers  own it stands for  Varmint/target he was so sure this cartridge could shoot well enough in bench rest as well as a varmint cartridge he fused the two -blokes a genius.