How often should you use your firearms by law

Eagleeye

There is no statuary number of times.

As Roy mentioned above, for target shooting, three times is considered enough but that can be altered (both ways) depending upon circumstances.

If your only reason for a particular firearm is "target shooting" to not be target shooting is not going to look good for your continued possession of that firearm.

Depends on where I’m going that day. However, I have it on me most of times. I don’t feel there is a threat around every corner, but bad things don’t only happen when you are looking out for them. They happen in transitional spaces. Getting out of the car, going in or out of a building, etc.

2 hours ago, gunfantic said:

Depends on where I’m going that day. However, I have it on me most of times. I don’t feel there is a threat around every corner, but bad things don’t only happen when you are looking out for them. They happen in transitional spaces. Getting out of the car, going in or out of a building, etc.

From your comment you appear to be an American.  You're at crossed purposes here - no one is allowed any form of weapon let alone a firearm for personal defence in UK - and thank goodness that's the case.

We have firearms licensing in the UK that requires applicants to have various 'good reasons' to own a firearm, part of the justification is that the holder uses the firearm and it's not just held "because I want one" (apart from bona-fide collectors).  Target shooters should be active in the sport of target shooting if they are to retain their guns

19 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

From your comment you appear to be an American.  You're at crossed purposes here - no one is allowed any form of weapon let alone a firearm for personal defence in UK - and thank goodness that's the case.

We have firearms licensing in the UK that requires applicants to have various 'good reasons' to own a firearm, part of the justification is that the holder uses the firearm and it's not just held "because I want one" (apart from bona-fide collectors).  Target shooters should be active in the sport of target shooting if they are to retain their guns

Bonafide collectors are not allowed to carry too?

7 hours ago, gunfantic said:

Bonafide collectors are not allowed to carry too?

Allowed to carry ?  🤔 🙄

1 hour ago, nicklock said:

Carrying - US terminology for having a firearm about or near to one's person. cf "Open carry" and "Concealed carry", there are a raft of regulations varying on a state-by-state basis as to what is allowed.

I guess you didn't catch my irony...   😏

46 minutes ago, nicklock said:

I did not. Especially if it's iron-y on your hip - where I do not know this gentleman and I was not there at the time, Officer.

😁