Matresses - no, seriously!

JC275

Right, here is the question, I need to buy a new matress and I have now realised that their are loads of different types, foam/sprung/memory foam/combination of several! My girlfriend and I have sat on a few in the showrooms but they all seem the same to me. They are alot of money especially if you get the wrong one. Anyone bought one recently or have any thoughts on it? I am leaning towards the 'memory foam' ones at the moment. JC

you arnt meant to lean towards one mate they are forr laying on :excl:;):P:P go for the one you mentioned i have heard good things about them

Seriously - I went through the same thing a couple of years ago for my dodgy back and nearly bought a £2k pocket sprung jobby...but then I came across these (Relaxsan Waterlatex) and haven't looked back. I can't recommend them enough!

http://www.mattressnextday.co.uk/mattress/...an-water-latex/

We have two now (ours and the guest bed) of the medium density and they are the dogs wotsits! Everyone we have over to stay always says how good these are, and for the price they are well worth the money. If you find a dealer you may need to lie on it for 5 mins or so (you do look like a bit of a prat, but still!) and then you will see that you have every so slightly (just your bumpy bits!) sunken into to it...and that's the trick, getting enough support without being too soft (too hard = too little support) and therefore keeping your spine in a natural position.

They are also indestructable as natural latex degrades over time and man made latex makes you sweat - so this combination material is just the job. Also you can jump on them to your hearts content and you won't knacker any springs. They also have a summer and winter (slightly more padding) side, but you also don't have to turn them like normal matresses if you don't want. They also fold up for easy initial delivery (don't worry once expanded from new the smell disappears after 48 hours), and are definately easier when moving house (ours have moved twice now!), or just putting a spare in the loft (to put on the floor if you have even more guests!) I think ours came with a 10 or 20 year garentee, but if that isn't good enough just look at the length of this post that I have just written on a manly shooting forum...geez if that isn't testiment enough! What have you done to me man!!! :excl:

Guest varmartin

My wife and I recently bought a `memory foam` mattress......was £1000.00 before it was in the sale....payed £500.00 for it .

The one we chose was the cheapest of all the ones that `felt the same` in the shop...and we both laid on them for 25 mins each....yep in the shop for a while...

It was a `med ` firmness and has a `memory` foam 100mm top section and closed cell foam with breathing circulation pockets in the lower section.

It also has a ` coolmax` cover which is an absolute necessity as these mattresses are a lot warmer ( more of your body is in contact ).

It took us both about 6 weeks to get used to it.......I hardly slept a wink for the first couple of nights and wondered what the hell we had purchaced .....

Now it is THE most comfortable bed we have ever slept in .....It is strange to get out of though...as it does not give you that ` spring` assistance a sprung bed gives...

Hope this info helps...

Guest varmartin
Especially as it was of only medium firmness ;):lol:

:lol: ...very good...I did not see that one coming.........next time I`ll remind the wife to slide the wardrobe mirror over a bit ...so she can ! :blink:

Archived