22-250 load data wanted for standard 700 remington BDL

n8ess

A mate of mine has just bought a standard 700 remington BDL in 22-250, I could do with some load data to get him started. He is also looking for a set of dies if anyone has a set they don't use. Please PM me with a price if you have a set going spare.

Cheers

Neil

There's got to be someone out there than can help me with a tried a tested load.

Cheers

Neil

hi neil

this load has been great in 3, 22/250's including a rem 700 BDL, 37gr of vit 140/ 50gr nosler bt/fed 210m primer/used with sako,norma,win,fed brass, jump the noslers 10 thou off the lands, my rem 700 had a 20 inch barrel and was getting around 3600 +

[this works for me 34.5 grn varget 55 vmax remmy primer 20tho of lands very accurate and reliable3535 fps

or i worked up to 36.5 grn varget 55 vmax fed 210 primers again 20 tho of the lands 3800 fps

i was starting to show signs of pressure at 38 grn in my vssf :o:D

hope this is of some help

all the best bruxie

One of dan newberrys 22 250 loads. 36.2 gr IMR4064 55gr Vmax WLR primer ww cases, oal 2.510. usual drill, work up to it etc. :o

Not a remmy, but in a howa with 1in14 twist the most accurate bullet was

by far the 52gr Nosler BTHP custom match. Cheap on top of it. Very good on

fox . Seemed to be less explosive than 52gr a-max but opened

more reliable than 55 Nos BT which dissapointed at times.

36gr varget/CCIBR and COL of 59.22mm seemed magic.

edi

Neil

I feed my Titan 3 (match barrel, 14" twist) with Sako cases, Federal Match primers, 55 gn VMax, 24.5 gn Reloader 15. COL as per CIP. Neck sized with Redding bushing die.(avoid F/L sizing if poss - don't ask!) Shoots one ragged hole at 100 yds and almost cloverleaf at 200. Also knocks the snot out of foxes.

Peter

i have one set of 22-250 dies its a Lee collet die & dead length bullet seater set as new if you want it it comes with some load dater from lee ..i thought i had two sets will have to have a look see £30 to your door ;)

this is load dater for a sako 75

sako cases cci br2 primers and case trimmed ect

55gr gameking 34.5gr of n135 ogive is 2.017 oal 2.350 about 3600fps

55g gameking 31.5gr of n135 ogive is the same as above ...3300 fps

found it a fussy rifle to load for but theses shoot great, on the nail out to 300yrds plus

going to try the blitzkings as i think theses are far better bullet did try the h380 powder but did not like it thats how fussy this rifle is and 38gr of h380 is the powder for the 22-250 so i read but if you do try it start at 36.5 gr i went to 38gr and was safe but you start low :excl:

i have one set of 22-250 dies its a Lee collet die & dead length bullet seater set as new if you want it it comes with some load dater from lee ..i thought i had two sets will have to have a look see £30 to your door ;)

this is load dater for a sako 75

sako cases cci br2 primers and case trimmed ect

55gr gameking 34.5gr of n135 ogive is 2.017 oal 2.350 about 3600fps

55g gameking 31.5gr of n135 ogive is the same as above ...3300 fps

found it a fussy rifle to load for but theses shoot great, on the nail out to 300yrds plus

going to try the blitzkings as i think theses are far better bullet did try the h380 powder but did not like it thats how fussy this rifle is and 38gr of h380 is the powder for the 22-250 so i read but if you do try it start at 36.5 gr i went to 38gr and was safe but you start low :excl:

Thanks 6br sorted me out with a set earlier today.

Thanks for the load data.

Cheers

Neil

Hi i use Varget its an awsume powder for this cal in either 50g or 55g bullet heads i work 36g varget with cci primer in both bullet weights in norma brass but i have all sorts of brass loads of & its much the same accuracy.

Archived