Help choose name for puppy.

what name  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Sika or Bramble

• Sika
    • Bramble
    • Other (if so, what?)

IMHO Sika as it is easier to say in a 'happy' or stern voice, well and just generally easier to shout! Oh and what does a spaniel do all the time? Seek!

Presuming it will be a working dog, most of the triallers I know and have shot for all cast their dogs off or encourage them to hunt with a "seek on", or so just thinking Sika may be a bit confusing ?? Just IMHO. You may not trial or want too, so this might not matter, but you will still need certain consistant commands for her training/development.

Brambles, gets my vote.

Cheers Steve

I chose "Bramble", but there are plenty of other names. Bl**dy dog is popular on our shoot, you black ba**ard is another. My dogs name should be Fizz, but "Damm Your Eye's Dog" works just as well.

Have many happy years with your pup,

Atb, ft

PS I can never concentrate on what "Middlestead" writes, I don't know why :wacko:

Some interesting comments there guys, thanks, but John, Jet? come on mate, every other poodle around here is called that and in Whitby theyre all called that! :rolleyes:

Still like Sika myself. My other two are called Breeze and Megan.

By the way flytie I have the same problem.. ;):wacko:

Presuming it will be a working dog, most of the triallers I know and have shot for all cast their dogs off or encourage them to hunt with a "seek on", or so just thinking Sika may be a bit confusing ?? Just IMHO. You may not trial or want too, so this might not matter, but you will still need certain consistant commands for her training/development.

Brambles, gets my vote.

Cheers Steve

LOL Didnt think of that as I use 'get on' and 'find it'! Anyway mine always take more notice of the whistle, probably cos I talk too much in the beating line :D

My OH suggested darnit as he hears lots of dogs getting called it as in 'come here darnit'.

Archived