Sabatti STR .308 now with Scope

Talk to anyone with a Sabatti and they will tell you what a great gun they are. Super accurate and with the MRR Multi Radial Rifling the barrels they out last any traditionally barrelled rifle. I am only selling this Sabatti to buy another in a different calibre!

With some load development in a 100yard tunnel I have achieved repeatable sub 1/4 MOA groups with Hornady 178gr ELDM bullets and RS52 powder.

The gun is five years old and the target group shown was shot in Monmouth tunnel November last year. I have shot exactly 100 rounds since then. I don't keep a record of shots fired but I am on my first lot of once fired cases so I very much doubt I have exceeded 1000 rounds, which for an MRR barrel is nothing.

I have had the gun from new and I was meticulous with the break in following the instructions to the letter and have always kept the gun clean.

The scope is a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5 - 21 x 50mm 

To keep the scope as low as possible, the top picatinny rail over the barrel was removed and I still have it together with the 'spare' pistol grip rubbers. The gun also comes with a Sabatti hard plastic case

The rifle originally shipped with a short picatinny rail at the back of the stock for a bag runner, but I found that this was less than perfect so I made a custom aluminium bag runner that screws straight on which was much better. I note that the newer STRs have a similar bag runner from the the factory. Did they copy me? I did not find the bare metal of the cheek piece comfortable so added some self-adhesive foam rubber to it that made it nicer to shoot.

£1500 ono

Because I am changing calibre I could also offer ammo, dies, cases, bullets etc at an agreed cost I have 250 rounds with Lapua Scenar 167bullets and RS52 powder and some more with Hornady ELD-M bullets. This is a nice accurate setup with plenty of reloading data. For a newbie to the sport I even have a Lee turret press.

The bipod is not included in the sale

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Nice grouping there .similar results with the 178 eldms with 44.5 grains of N150 in my AI . Think yours has a better twist rate though . Wish I’d known more about the 6.5 when I first started out and might not have bothered with the 308 . We live and learn eh . Enjoy the new project. 
cheers 

• Ralpharama changed the title to Sabatti STR .308 now with Scope