Sinclair/Wilson Arbor Press. Worth the switch? Any better??

chaz

Hi folks,

Is it a good switch to Sinclair/Wilson long term. or better to stick to my standard dies and press.....??

I really like the Sinclair/Wilson kit. But is it worth all the hassle in changing.....

The presses are a total rip-off as regards the price' IMHO"....  Arbor presses not for shooting are so much cheaper!!  And If the dies are as good as they claim, do you really need to spend such a high price compared to a basic non shooting arbo press??

I have seen people use Wilson/Sinclair dies and their standard presses, which seem to work...

Some constructive advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Chaz.

The majority of short range benchrest shooters worldwide will use Wilson hand-dies  for neck-sizing and bullet-seating (including me) but will use maybe a Harrel screw-in die for full-length re-sizing.

If that's what you shoot then yes - it's worth the hassle. I still use Wilson bullet seaters for long-range benchrest and F Class but Forster dies and normal press for re-sizing.