Long action Bergara

Probably been asked before but does anyone know for sure the After market stocks for a long action Remington will also be a straight no mess fit for the Bergara !!

Thinking of buying a 300PRC HMR Pro

then swapping out the chassis for a MDT ACC so I can up the overall weight 

as it’s purely going to be used as a range rifle,

Sorry cant help you with the origonal question, but I was thinking of doing exactly the same swap, however in the end I just thought fudge it and  got Mik@Dolphin to build me a one.  Mines about 21lb's with scope.

Haha, 

believe me I’ve been toying with that idea for about 6 months!

while waiting for one from the US which never arrived, 

it it’s purely the cost verse’s use issue the Bergara’s apparently shoot well and only cost one third the price of a custom gun, and I’ve often found cheap bangers are far more user fun, unlike expensive range queens !

I may well just forget the whole idea anyway, magnum primed are like gold dust, powder is impossible to get down here, same with projectiles 

Ces’t la vie 

The thing to look out for is that the 300prc takes the longer mags, the MDT ACC is fine. I was looking at the KRG bravo which is also compatible but now sold out at match scopes. For conventional stocks there's a different bottom metal for the bigger mags

Mik is not as expensive as you might think.  A reckon an HMR pro plus ACC will run you £3400 ish.. I paid less than £1K more, for mine which includes 20moa rail, moderator, rings, and most importantly for me a 32inch barrel. (it is single shot though)

Yes I’ve looked at the costings but I could also return the rifle to standard and maybe use the chassis for something else if I needed to?

it all comes down to use , will I actually get any use out of it, if I knew I would costs wouldn’t be an issue, but the reality is with ever increasing range restrictions it’s far more likely to spend virtually all its life in the safe!

• 2 weeks later...