Pulsar 940 IR illuminator (79076)

MACH 2

I have a Pulsar 940 IR illuminator (79076) which will be used on a Yukon Photon XT 6.5x50 Digital Night Vision Sight (26348). My problem is it does not seem to be illuminating. Are they  compatable with each other? The red light is coming on when the illuminator is switched on. The light is invisible to the human eye. It was purchased new about 4 years ago and has never been used,

On 8/12/2022 at 5:31 PM, phoenix said:

Yes - even more so with 850nm since the camera is more sensitive to 850nm than to 940nm

I presume the 940mm would be visible too.

What could be wrong if the light isn't working. I have new batteries in it. Could the emiter  be malfunctioning?

940nm is difficult to see with the human eye unless viewed in darkness where it is visible as very faint red glow.

In the same circumstances 850nm is much brighter and more visible

If the light is not working and you have fitted new batteries (are they the right way round?) then it's probably the driver - which is the electronic circuit that provides a constant current to the LED or the control that adjusts the power.

I presume you did the camera test with the power control at max?

Cheers

Bruce

3 hours ago, phoenix said:

940nm is difficult to see with the human eye unless viewed in darkness where it is visible as very faint red glow.

Yes the batteries are the correct way around. There is a small red power light on it to indicate that the unit is switched on. Can the driver be replaced? Is it a job for someone that repaires them all the time. As in the importers I expect.

I also had the power at max.

Thomas Jacks are the sole UK importer and distributor for Yukon products, so you'd have to contact them  about having it repaired, but frankly I doubt if it would be economically sensible.

Just go and buy one of these 850nm illuminators https://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black-sun-2-b22-ir-illuminator-c2x23877906

and this adjustable mount for it https://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/adjustable-low-profile-ir-mount-c2x28623988

It's more than good enough for a Yukon photon

Cheers

Bruce