FIRST WITH MY NEW TOY

nemasis243

Well I purchased the rifle a couple of weeks ago from James(Kalidoscope) I havent had a chance to set it up till today.

I must thank Dave(6MMBR) who sorted me out with some rings at short notice and also To Ray (Varminter) who lent me dies and brass to get me up and running. I am both in your dept,thanks guys :)

Anyhow put the scope on and zeroed in a couple of shots then proceeded to try it at 200yrds, I shot a 3 shot group which I was really happy with, then the next battle was to find something to christen my new musket with :D

I drove round the farm and spotted a few rabbits but they were a bit close as I wanted to shoot at over 200yrds , I eventually found a bunny at 236yrds, so set up and dialled in .

I must say the trigger on this RPA Quadlite in 6.5x284 is real nice and as I took second pressure the rabbit got tossed about 3ft in the air. :ph34r:

The picture has the 3shot group above a very small red dot,

12042009470.jpg

So I hope to show you some footage of it being put to use in the DVD, cheers Andy :D

Thats a nice looking set up Andy.

Is it a repeater or single shot? Nice digi camo paint job by the way.

Look forward to seeing some footage of it in action.

ATB

Moses

Its a single shot Moses , James Kalidescope did the digi camo job, the thumbhole is very comfortable as well

cheers Andy

Andy, I can see you and Dave (6mmbr) having a 6.5-284 shootout, may the best man win :P:P

I shot an RPA in 25-06 once with the Lazzeroni thumbhole, and must agree with you, it was a superb stock.

I actually tried to buy just the stock from James, but he wasn't keen to separate :P Sounds like you have got a cracking new toy, enjoy.

Cheers Steve

Hi Andy ,

I recognize that rifle!!!!! :P

I am really looking forward to hear how you get on with that gun!!! :D:P

As for the trigger , it was sent back to RPA to have it re-worked so it would go nice and light!!! :D

Now i gather you are using the 140 A-max load!! , well buddy wait till you shoot a Fox with it!!! :P;):P;)

Have fun and enjoy!!! :D;)

All the best..................

RAY........................................ :D;)

HI Mate I have the same rifle in 260 rem I love it just got it shooting half inch 5 shot groups. Whith Berger 120 gr and H4350 How much was the piant job on your stock. cheers Mate.....

The rifle was Bought second hand from James(on the site as Kalioscope) he does durocoating , I am not sure what it would cost but I must say its one hell of a Job :rolleyes:

Archived