A very special roe buck to me!!!

As you may know i dont go stalking very often so i was over the moon to have a invite from another very good shooting friend jamie to go have a look for a roe buck!!

Well we stalked a couple of fields which were knee high in grass then got over the hedge to have a look on the edge of woodland which had about 50yds of waist high grassland and gorse that then reaches out to field full of maize!!

Jamie suggested i set up on me shooting sticks so he could walk slowly on edge of woodland in the waist high grass to see if a buck would stand if he was hiding in the long grass!!

He was about to move when this roe buck came out chasing a doe!! We watched them for a while and i thought they was going to walk aways from us when they both came in our direction , The roe buck was chasing and feeding , i started to buzz now so took a few breaths to get the adrenaline down and waited for a classic broadside heart / lung shot !!

Last thing jamie wispered to me was " 97yds and take your time they dont know we are here!! " , so i waited and then the buck offered a shot so i took it!!! with me 6.5-284...........

Well what a lovely roe buck ( to me!! ) and on me birthday week too!!! DSCF1391.jpg

So a very big thankyou jamie for making a great birthday week mate with a very special roe buck :blink: :blink:

Always fancied a shoulder mount roe buck for the home and i capied this one out to be done , I think hes worth doing - what do you more experinced lads think??

Thanks again jamie ;):D:blink:;)

All the best..............

RAY.................... :D;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 308Panther

I see nothing wrong with your Birthday Buck gettin mounted....

It was after all a gift from Mother Nature...And whats better than a To Me ...From Me kinda present???

Since nobody knows your own tastes better than yourself....and its not like ya can take it back....so make the most outta it....including a few tasty meals to boot.

308Panther

hi -

i would like to see some pictures of the beast, but that would not make my decision on what to do with it.

i think you have answered your own question on the mount.

it matters not if it is a medal head or if it is the worst looking beast ever shot,

to you it will be a very special buck and every time you look at it it will bring back the memories you had that day.

well done and pictures please

ATB

Colin :blink:

Ray

I have got to pick up a Roe buck head that I have had mounted on Monday, it was not the biggest animal but was Special to me as it was the first one that my GWP pointed and I successfully shot. :blink: I have a small murder buck head on a shield in my hall, I have bigger heads lying in boxes in the garage in the loft, shed and else were but as this was the first buck I shot so I had it boiled and mounted.

B-b

Indeed a nice birthday gift, have seen some fine shoulder mounts and if done right i think it would be worth geting done and as col says every time you look at it it will bring back good memories

Thanks guys ;) ;)

I did post a pic so i shall try again................DSCF1391.jpgDSCF1400.jpg

All the best................

RAY.................. :D;)

That is indeed a fine looking buck, i for one would get it mounted would make a fine trophy for the wall

As always guys , thankyou very much for your input ;) ;) :D

All the best................

RAY.................... ;) ;)

Good buck Ray,im suprised you did not miss it at that short range or is that just foxes ;)

:D;):D It might be because it was a little bigger ;);)

Can"t blooming help yourselfs can ya!! ;) ;)

Thanks guys...........

RAY..................... :D :D

Guest varmartin

Ray,

If you do mount it, put a bag over your head and check your self for ticks afterwards...

especially in your groin area ;) ;) ;)

Ps...wait till your fathers gone to the pub, put a lassoo round its neck hang on tight and shout ...YE HAAA :D

Martin

Ray,

If you do mount it, put a bag over your head and check your self for ticks afterwards...

especially in your groin area ;):D;)

Ps...wait till your fathers gone to the pub, put a lassoo round its neck hang on tight and shout ...YE HAAA :D

Martin

bungee priceless buddy!!! ;):D Certainly made me smile with that!!!! ;)

Thanks for that ;) ;)

As for shoulder mount for roe buck for price i have to look around!!!!!!!!

All the best.................

RAY................... :D

Archived