BORDER STALKERS SPRING SHOOT , APRIL 19th at BOWSCAR .

Well guys the new season is upon us and our first shoot of the year is on Sun. 19th Apl. as usual at the Bowscar range .

Main event usual format , 3 shots on the standard grouping target at 100yds and 9 shots on the Roebuck target at the various distances and shooting positions .

3 shot grouping target at 130yds and the 2 shot poolshoot also at 130yds .

Prizes for all in the main event and a free raffle for a bottle of Scotch on your entry .

HWH .

Below Buck targets at 100yds.

P1000331.jpg

Should be there hubert if the muck spreader inst hired in early or the slats fill up with slurry from now till the weekend!

Hope you all keepin well and lookin forward to gettin down (fingers crossed)!!

William

Had my first trip today to the spring shoot and had a very enjoyable day and met some good people and will definitely be going to the next one.It was nice to attend a event where everyone were there to enjoy the day and the banter and not Hell set on winning everything.Thanks to all who organised and helped at the shoot :lol:

Well we had an excellent day weatherwise with a good turnout of riflemen and our solitary lady markswoman .

Firstly I would like to thank our generous sponsors for their donated prizes.

Stead Hall Firearms , Burley in Wharfedale , West Yorks and Cobbydog Dog Food [ E and S Feeds. ] Keighley , West Yorks .

RESULTS :-

Main Event , 3 shots grouping at 100 yds. and 9 shots from different distances and positions . [ basically an extended DMQ shooting test .] 12 shots ex 120 points .

1. SHREK . 120 ex 120 points .

2. stag 1933 . 119.

3. MADMANX . 117.

4. Ray. Barnes . 117.

5. Lisa . [Ratwife.] 116.

6. RATWHISKERS . 115.

7. John Wolfe . 114.

3 shot grouping at 130 yds :-

1. S . Hargreaves . 30 ex 30 .

2. RATWHISKERS . 29.

3. G. Dent . 29.

4. Lisa [Ratwife.] 28.

5. stag1933 . 28.

6. J. Wolfe . 28.

7. A. Waite . 28.

2 shot precision pool target at 130 yds. ex 20 points .

!. SHREK . 19.

2. S. Hargreaves . 19.

3. MADMANX . 19.

4. A. Waite . 19.

5. R. Barnes .19.

6. Lisa. [Ratwife. ] 18.

7. RATWHISKERS . 18.

All in all an excellent day and grateful thanks to the range officers Ratwife , Alec and Ratwhiskers .

HWH.

Many Thanks to all who made the day possible, i certainly had the sun shining on me at the weekend and the little BR was serving me proud! It was a pleasure spending the day with like minded people, friends and friends to be, not sure if a can make the next shoot as work may be after me.

To top my weekend off i had a cracking stalk and got my first buck of the season after the shoot, stunning 6 pointer, i will try and get a photo up tonite!

Well we had an excellent day weatherwise with a good turnout of riflemen and our solitary lady markswoman .

Firstly I would like to thank our generous sponsors for their donated prizes.

Stead Hall Firearms , Burley in Wharfedale , West Yorks and Cobbydog Dog Food [ E and S Feeds. ] Keighley , West Yorks .

RESULTS :-

Main Event , 3 shots grouping at 100 yds. and 9 shots from different distances and positions . [ basically an extended DMQ shooting test .] 12 shots ex 120 points .

1. SHREK . 120 ex 120 points .

2. stag 1933 . 119.

3. MADMANX . 117.

4. Ray. Barnes . 117.

5. Lisa . [Ratwife.] 116.

6. RATWHISKERS . 115.

7. John Wolfe . 114.

3 shot grouping at 130 yds :-

1. S . Hargreaves . 30 ex 30 .

2. RATWHISKERS . 29.

3. G. Dent . 29.

4. Lisa [Ratwife.] 28.

5. stag1933 . 28.

6. J. Wolfe . 28.

7. A. Waite . 28.

2 shot precision pool target at 130 yds. ex 20 points .

!. SHREK . 19.

2. S. Hargreaves . 19.

3. MADMANX . 19.

4. A. Waite . 19.

5. R. Barnes .19.

6. Lisa. [Ratwife. ] 18.

7. RATWHISKERS . 18.

All in all an excellent day and grateful thanks to the range officers Ratwife , Alec and Ratwhiskers .

HWH.

Hi Hewbert,

Nice to see that the boys (and girls) are still scoring high! I do miss the Border Stalker's shoots, perhaps one day I will come home on vacation and shoot with the crew once again. I have my first competition on May 16th, a 60 round two man event ranging from 200 to 700 metres, I do not think that we will place very well but we have been whacking the 700 meter 12" gong with good consistency from the custom 7mm Rem Mag so you never know?

Steve

• 1 month later...

Archived