venison sausages

well guys been buggering bout with vension sausages for a wee while making our own flavours just adding what we fancy etc like cranberry jelly....

and always used the lectric mincer with sausage adapter...

but went and bought a dedicated sausage stuffer and instead o own flavouring tried some from scobiesdirect.com

this batch was mediterranean sausage mix a tomato based flavour...

also i always used to just make one big long bugger then just pinch ant twist them off individually...well today we went for the proffesional linked sausages!!! what a bloody laugh got there eventually and will hopefully get better with more practice......

anyway guess what im having for tea?!?!?! hehehehe

sausageslinked.jpg

sausageslinked2.jpg

sausageslinked3.jpg

sauer

provider , when we started (brother & i, v-max on here ) we used to just go down to local butcher and i bought rusk from them and i used pork n herb seasoning, always used to just put a little of seasoning in as a base ...but

we used to add all sorts for flavouring...form jars of cranberry jellyfor venny & cranberry bangers....

to 5 bunches o spring onions whizzed up to mush in food processor and added for venny & spring onion flavour ( bloody good)

honestly we tried some weird n wonderful concotions and most were good.

made my own sweet chilli sauce from a reciepe fae guy at my work and made venny and sweet chilli sauce burgers ...now they are ACE!!!

these ones are the first sausages / burgers made with "bought" ready to go sausage / burger mixes....as siad these ones are meditteranean sausage mix....we also bought pork n leek mix......and in burgers we bought angus burger mix( onion based)

and venison & juniper berry mix.

they were all bought from scobiesdirect.com and each 1.5kg pack would do roughly 22lb o mince !!!!

honest someimes what went in depended what i could find in the cupboard and we didnt really have a batch of anything i wouldnt have again!!

experiment!!!

sauer

no problem Orka Akinse :)

i bought one from bushwear catalouge or bushwear.co.uk i beleive it was 65 quid or therebouts im sure actually they have it on offer just now for bouts £89 complete with skins a huge mixing bowl and a sausage makin g book or summit look at link

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?Pro...amp;ClassID=234

no reason why we went for this one but i think i would prefer an "upright" this one comes with heap of different size nozzles etc and it does exactly what we need and does a fair amount o meat in one go.

think above deal not too bad when the sausage stuffer is around 69 quid on its own.

sauer

ok guys then if you want it heres SAUERS SWEET CHILLI SAUCE

Ingredients

2 large red peppers

16 chillies with seeds included ( if you like it hot hot get hotter brand chillies )

1 bottle white wine vinegar ( tescos )

1 bottle of Certo ( jam thickening agent get it in cake baking aisle in tescos)

1 bag of sugar (1kg)

Method

put all above ingredients EXCEPT the certo and sugar into a blender and whizz up ( chilli seeds included)

transfer to large pot on hob lowish heat

add sugar bit by bit allow to dissolve in stir slowly frequently

bring slowly to boil/simmer for 10 minutes untill frothy on the top ( no lid on pot thru out the whole proccess )

add certo, stir in well leave to cool a bit

transfer to jam jars or whatever before cools completely

this receipe for me was more like sweet chilli jam it was quite thick but you could reduce certo a bit or add more white wine vinegar....experiment!!!

its dead simple guys and bloody good

Sauer

• 3 weeks later...

Saur, you really are a star :D Many thanks for the recipies, the sweet chilli mmmmmmmmm. Am hungry now, going for lunch!

Atb, ft

Archived