Happy 6br customer

I've been recently saving up to re-barrel my shot out Tikka 595 in 22-250, and was going to get it chambered in 6mmBR. But then Andy (nemasis243) offered to sell me his Tikka 590 which had already been re-barreled recently by Neil (dasherman). I gladly took up the offer as it would still leave me with my 22-250 for a future project ;) .

Jinks10001.jpg

Andy kindly delivered the rifle to me, along with some ammo, and since then I’ve managed to have a little play with it between work and lambing, and first impressions of this calibre is awesome!!!!! :D

After zeroing, I punched the figures into exbal to plink at a few clays out to 400 yds, hitting them all first time, and then had a go at one at 625yds and hit it on the second shot, after missing it just over the top with the first!!

I took the 4x4 around the farm on Saturday to look for some crows (didn’t break down this time Andy!) , and managed to bag my first crow out of a tree at 216 yds.

Jinks10012.jpg

Had another spin in the afternoon and managed to get into the 300 yd club twice with these two off the same fence post 5 minutes apart at 316 yds

Jinks10013.jpg

Then had a go at one at 475yds, and must have been within a gnats dangly bits of a kill as the 87gn v-max knocked a few feathers off him as it sped past. :D

Jinks100021.jpg

All in all, I am well impressed with the gun and would like to thank Andy for giving me the chance to buy it, and watch this space, as the 500yd club doesn’t seem so far now…..

Cheers,

Jinks.

Looking good Jinks!!! :D :D

Some nice shooting too!!! , sure looks pretty with the Nightforce BR on top too!!!! :D

I see you are using the 87 V-max load!! , good BC - 400 and very accurate and explosive load too!! - was fortunate to see that load in action with Daves ( 6mmBR ) rifle!! :D;)

I am sure it wont be long before you are in the 500yd club!!!! :D :D

Have fun and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

All the best.....................

RAY....................................... :D :D

Guest varmartin

6BR Norma.......sweet looking rifle too.

Whats with the `Etcha Sketch` or is it a Pana tough book ? use one my self for work ( but its yellow ....)

Glad your happy with it Buddy,a first class job aint it :)

I most say you hae some awsum land to shoot over cant wait to get up there and do some filming B)

I would love to film the 5ooyrder :D

cheers Andy

That looks like a fine set up you have there,exactly the sort of thing i have in mind so i have a couple of questions

Does it feed the 6br rounds from the mag,is the stock standard tikka and is it bedded?

Good luck with the 500 yrd club,i dont think it will be too long with that kit

Thanks

Thanks for all your comments, I'll try and answer the questions......

looks like a good set up jinks. What scope is on it.

Scope is a Nightforce NF 8-32x56 with np2dd reticle

Whats with the `Etcha Sketch` or is it a Pana tough book ? use one my self for work ( but its yellow ....)

It is a toughbook, but its a bit big to carry around, just need to get exbal for my pda now......

Can I enquire as to what powder you are using please with the 87gr vmax?

Powder is 30gns of Vit N135, Andy supplied me with a few loaded rounds, so I haven't had to reload myself yet, but this load seems to be working so if it aint broke, I wont fix it!!!

but you have still got one of the best actions that were ever made ,, the 595 ,,,,

that will make a good semi custom rifle???? what about 6.5x47???

Thanks F2n, I have fancied that calibre, but as the 22-250 is my foxing rifle, I think I will rebarrel it into another .22 cal or possibly a .20.

22-250AI Maybe......... :D

Does it feed the 6br rounds from the mag,is the stock standard tikka and is it bedded?

The mag feeds the rounds with no problems, apparently the tikka mag is one of the few factory mags that does? It does have to be the 22-250 mag though (with the spacer at the rear)

The stock is a factory tikka laminate that was on my 22-250 and it isn't bedded, I just swapped it over because I like the 'feel' better.

Cheers,

Jinks.

Archived