Hi Guys,

I'm selling two of my scopes, both in tidy condition:

Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56
LRD-1P MRAD reticle in FFP
34mm tube
No-nonsense solid performer
Supplied in the original box with all the original contents
SOLD
No tyre kickers, dreamers or David Dickenson wannabes please!

Tract Toric Ultra HD 4.5-30x56
ELR-MRAD reticle in FFP
34mm tube
Schott Glass elements
The finest made scope I've ever used. if Rolls Royce made scopes...
Supplied in the original box with all the original contents
£1,250 posted to mainland UK
No tyre kickers, dreamers or David Dickenson wannabes please!

Photos to follow depending on free time/weather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TBH I would say that the Tract and the Stryker are neck-and-neck in terms of optical quality. Theoretically, the Tract should have the edge, because it uses Schott glass cells, but in reality, optically, I tested them every which way I could, and I couldn't differentiate between them. However, the Tract is hands down the best made scope that I've ever owned.

Not that there's anything wrong with the Stryker that I had, it was a very well made scope. Both are essentially made by Japan's Light optical Works, who also make the flagship Vortex Razor HD Gen II & III scopes, Nightforce etc. LOW are absolutely at the top-of-their game. But the tolerances on the Tract are perfect. It genuinely makes everything else, including Swaros, Razors, Nightforce, Kahles and PMIIs feel like junk in comparison.

I genuinely think that the only reason Tracts aren't getting snapped-up at the moment is because they are so rare (and people are obviously feel the cost-of-living pinch, and delaying discretionary purchases). Very few people have actually had their hands on a Tract. Friends that have seen mine have certainly gotten their knickers in a twist. the ELR-MRAD in particular seems to impress folks. But they are all either SFP or MOA die-hards. Doesn't stop them from constantly asking about the Tract though! I think Tract are going to be the next big thing, particularly in the PRS world, and in the next few years their value is going to soar. You heard it here first!

The only reason I'm looking to sell is because I have other scopes on my bucket-list which I'm curious to own. But I suspect that I'll look back in years to come and say to myself "I wish I had held on to that Tract". In fact, I think I've pretty much decided at this point to do exactly that, and hold on to it!

• CameronWilson changed the title to Withdrawn - Tract Toric 4.5-30x56 FFP ELR-MRAD
1 minute ago, Jager said:

in truth i haven't ...but you lose all credibility in that one statement ...sorry

How's about you reserve judgement until you've actually tried one? Then we'll see what you think? I've yet to meet anybody who has actually tried one, who wouldn't agree with my statement 110%!

3 minutes ago, Jager said:

in truth i haven't ...but you lose all credibility in that one statement ...sorry

Well I have one in the 30mm version, and I can honestly say it’s up there… it really does run with the big boys. In glass and in functionality 

i will def take a look when i see one.. but i dont see S&B and NF shares selling fast..you find in life as with scopes, there's a reason why Rolls-Royce and Fords have a price bracket, you get what you pay for! 

20 minutes ago, Jager said:

i will def take a look when i see one.. but i dont see S&B and NF shares selling fast..you find in life as with scopes, there's a reason why Rolls-Royce and Fords have a price bracket, you get what you pay for! 

Indeed