Which rifle slip/sleeve/bag?

Right chaps, I was out after a last fallow buck on Tuesday. I slipped and managed to hit my scope on a gate post, it was in the Brady slip that the rifle came with, which has no padding, and I had to re-zero my scope.

So what I need is some advice on which "padded" rifle slip/sleeve/bag to buy to protect my Sako Finnlight, moderator, bipod and schmidt & bender 'scope?

The Brady will not allow for a bi-pod either. Your advice will be much appreciated.

Regards, ft

I bought the biggest one from Sinclair, limited padding but put a moddy, 12x25 Bipod and a butt monopod together with a 50mm scope with target turrets and you struggle to get it closed.

I suspect that big bags from AIM (AIM60) would do the trick though but no one I know has got one.

A

I've spent 20+ years looking for the perfect rifle case! I've come to the conclusion that the Brady type with buckle closure are great for the hill and for when you haven't got a bipod on or for when you just need a cover rather than protection and then I use a plastic hard case when nessesary. I have something similar to those sniper type bags but don't really use it much as the straps and buckles are a pain getting snagged on everything else in the vehicle etc and most of them are very bulky. To be honest, as I live on the estate where I work, I don't very often use a rifle case unless i'm going on a trip. JC

I have a hard plastic box, a rucksack drag bag and a rifle slip.

The box

For- good protection, other small items can go under the foam. Fairly confident a minor drop wouldn't affect zero.

Against - useless in the field, won't fit in the boot of my smaller car with it being so rigid so has to go on open view on the backseat. (Fits ok in the bigger car?

Rucksack drag bag- webtex or something similar

For- nice bit of padding. Plenty of storage. comfortable carry over long distances.Plenty big enough for scope, mod, bipod etc.

Against- short arses need the straps lowering so it doesn't stab you in the back of the knees when worn rucksack style.

Handbag carry the scope sits naturally to the bottom :lol: seems wrong design to me. Would prefer it to be the other way.

Rifle slip

For - can slip in your pocket so when stalking you don't have to come back same way to collect kit. Handy for nip down the road with no issues.

Against- No protection or padding. Only a token gesture really.

I nearly always use the drag bag, now its modified for my leg length :wub: cheap at £45 any problems throw away and buy another.

http://www.aimfieldsports.com

Excellent value for money :wub:

Many thanks chaps, I have just looked up AIM and this came up;

http://www.rifle-cases.co.uk/Rifle-Cases.a...tional-Drag-Bag

Looks to be the business, and without all the pockets and straps that could catch when stalking

I think this could be the one!

ft

Archived